2017 National Prize Show – Call For Artists
Cambridge Art Association announces a call for artists for their 2017 National Prize Show.
Deadline: 9 Feb 2017
Open to artists age 18 and older living and working in the USA, open to all media. All work will be juried from digital images submitted through Slideroom.
- Fees: $25 for Current CAA Members | $40 for Not-Yet Members
- Juried by Nick Capasso, Director Fitchburg Art Museum
- Exhibition Dates | May 18 – June 23, 2017
- Opening Reception | Thursday, May 18, 6-8pm at both gallery locations, awards presented at 7pm at the Kathryn Schultz Gallery.
- Artwork must have been created within the past five years
- Work must be original, no reproductions
- All work submitted must be available for exhibition dates
- Artwork that has been accepted into a CAA show within the past 2-years will not be considered
- Artwork must be gallery ready
- All wall mounted work must be wired for hanging (or note method of presentation upon Slideroom entry).
- Diptychs/triptychs are considered as a single work and must be entered as a single jpeg
- Total weight of any work must not exceed 50lbs
- Please contact CAA with questions regarding work over 72 inches on longest side
Accepted artists will be posted on the Cambridge Art Association website on March 3, 2017 after 5pm. No phone calls please. Delivery details will be shared with artists upon acceptance.
2017 National Prize Show awards:
- Best in show: $1,500
- First prize: $750
- Second prize: $500
- Three juror’s choice awards: $100 each
Since 1944, the Cambridge Art Association (CAA) has been committed to exhibiting and promoting the work of regional, New England artists. It is the mission of the CAA to build a vibrant community through visual art by connect individuals and facilitate dialogue among artists and art lovers. To accomplish this, CAA exhibits quality works of art and engages art enthusiasts and collectors. CAA provides educational opportunities to its members and others to enhance their skills as artists and promote the appreciation of visual art. Their focus is an already outstanding exhibition program and a goal to offer new venues to local artists.
For more information, contact email@example.com.