Frequently Asked Questions
- Types of businesses we serve
- What to include in your call for artists listing
- What to include in your call for artists application
- The best way to frame your listing’s call to action
- How to choose good keywords for your listing
- Who to include as your listing’s point of contact
- Paid vs unpaid opportunity strategies
- Secrets to extending your listing’s reach
- Request listing changes
- What is a call for artists?
- Getting started: A primer for visual artists when entering exhibitions, contests, and competitions (NYFA)
- Artwork pricing basics
- Why you should stop entering design competitions (DigitalArts)
- Artist’s guide to choosing better opportunities – Part 1
- Artist’s guide to choosing better opportunities – Part 2
- Why we charge businesses to post listings
What type of artists can join Side Arts?
All visual artists internationally.
How do I update my account information?
To update your information and images, log in to your account by using the Log in link at the top right corner of the Side Arts website. Log in using your username and the password you chose when you created your profile.
Once you have logged in, follow the links to update your profile and images. You can edit your text and change the name shown in the profile section. You can delete, add, caption, and change which picture is shown on the Artist preview page from the images section. Click the Update Profile button at the bottom of the page when you are done!
I am having trouble logging in to my account.
Your username and password are case sensitive. Make sure you are capitalizing your username and password correctly. Still having trouble? Try the Lost Your Password feature on the log in page.
How do I edit my captions?
At this time, the only way to edit your caption is to remove the image and then add the image again with the new caption.
My caption/show/fellowship listing is not showing up, what do I do?
Some characters are not recognized by our programming or will cause information to not appear. Try removing quote marks, number signs, dashes, and/or greater then and less then characters.
How do I change my name on the site?
You can change your name as it appears on the artist page by logging in to your profile and selecting the options next to the “display name publicly as” box.
How do I remove my profile?
In order to be removed from the Side Arts website, log in to your account using your username and password. Select Delete Your Account from the dashboard menu, enter your email address, and click Delete Me. This process is irreversible; Side Arts makes it a policy, in order to protect your privacy, to not retain any user data.
I think something on the site should not be there.
SideArts reserves the right to remove any user at any time for any reason. Report any misuse of the site to email@example.com, and the issue will be considered.
What about my privacy?
SideArts will not sell or distribute any of your information without your approval. Should you choose to leave the site, or if your profile is removed, all data will be permanently removed from our servers and cache.