The Clark Hulings Fund For Visual Artists
The Clark Hulings Fund – The Fund considers proposals from professional artists who have secured tangible prospects for advancing their careers, but lack sufficient financial resources to capitalize on those opportunities. Examples include but are not limited to: the completion of work due to a gallery, museum, or private collection, the transportation of work or of the artist to an exhibition of that artist’s material, the management of logistical or technical requirements to realize a project, etc. The Fund does not support performance, literary or commercial work.
Who Should Apply? Professional painters, artists working on paper and sculptors who:
- Employ traditional media, not including photography, film or video.
- Have received opportunities to exhibit their work
- Are pursuing specific opportunities for which support from The Fund would make a tangible difference
- Fiscal Sponsor: The Fund cannot make awards to individuals.
- Artist Statement
- Request for Support, including a detailed proposal and images, if available
- Examples of previous work
- Supporting materials, if relevant (letter of intent from a gallery, commission statement, referrals, references, etc.)
Award amount: 2 grants up to $5000 each
Application window: September 1-30, 2014
The Clark Hulings Fund offers strategic business and financial assistance to help professional visual artists leap various hurdles. Specifically, the Fund 1) disburses grants to individual artists for specific projects that will further their careers; 2) Aggregates and disseminates all kinds of information and activities in the visual world, including workshops and webinars on specific business topics relevant to the profession, interviews with curators, gallerists and success artists, upcoming events and opportunities, etc.; 3) provides a clearinghouse for community interactions, mentorship and the chance for artists to interact in a non-competitive setting. The Fund distributed its first two awards in November 2013.
For more information, contact email@example.com.