6th Annual Patricia Sitar Arts Expo Juried Exhibition
Sitar Arts Center presents a call for artists for the 6th Annual Patricia Sitar Arts Expo Juried Exhibition.
Deadline: 24 Oct 2015
The exhibition will allow the artist the opportunity to challenge their creativity by using paper as the main subject and concept of the piece. Works With Paper submissions must show the manipulation of paper in some form to change the identity or use of the paper to represent your concept or idea. Manipulation of paper can include, but not limited to, construction, collage, cutting, folding, binding, etc.
- Work must have been created within the last five years.
- Work must be created by the artist stated on the work.
- Images must be appropriate for school-aged children.
- 2D and 3D art
- Other mediums accepted within the main use of paper are photograph, painting, mixed media, drawing, digital art.
- No video, film, installation or performance art.
The works will be judged on aesthetic quality, craftsmanship, composition and relation to theme. All works on exhibit will be eligible for the final jury. Work will be judged on a point based system by jurors. Final jury will be in two categories: Category type is determined by age of participant when work is submitted.
- Youth – Ages 10 – 15: 1st Prize $50 and 2nd Prize $25
- Young Adult – Ages 16 – 21: 1st Prize $100 and 2nd Prize $50
- Adult – Ages 22 and up: 1st Prize $200 and solo exhibit at Sitar Arts Center and 2nd Prize $100
Sitar Arts Center offers affordable multidisciplinary arts education in a nurturing environment to the city’s youth who otherwise wouldn’t have access to these opportunities. The Cafritz Gallery gives our students the opportunity to learn how to showcase their accomplishments and grow as artists, as well as learn about the process of creating, to the hanging and selling of artwork.
The gallery series was created to educate the Sitar Arts Center community about the visual arts, how to view and talk about art work and to give young and emerging artists the opportunity to exhibit professionally. The Cafritz Gallery is an intimate space which can exhibit up to 30 pieces of varying sizes. Selling art work is encouraged and welcomed, however it is not the mission of the gallery.
For more information, contact email@example.com.