Ragdale Residency – Call for Artists
The Ragdale Foundation offers creative professionals of the highest caliber an inspiring, supportive environment where they can produce enduring, inventive works. More than 150 residencies and fellowships are now offered annually to creative professionals of all types, making Ragdale one of the largest interdisciplinary artists’ communities in the country.
Deadline: 15 May 2016
Each session, 13 artists-in-residence experience uninterrupted time for dedicated work on a 5-acre historic campus beside a beautiful 50-acre prairie, 30 miles north of Chicago. With live/work studios, all meals provided, and unmatched staff support, Ragdale lets artists focus on what’s most important: creating new work.
Time and space
- 18- or 25-day residency sessions
- Private room
- Personal studio spaces for visual artists
- 24-hour access to studio and communal spaces
- Attentive staff
- Family-style dinners prepared by Chef Linda
- Opportunities to share work with and to gain feedback from other residents
- Easy access to the cultural resources of Chicago and Milwaukee
- Library of past resident works
- Historic home and garden
- Creative atmosphere, surrounded by peers
- 50-acre native prairie
- Recreational access to gym, beach, biking and walking paths
The Ragdale Foundation is a nonprofit artists’ community located on the former country estate of architect Howard Van Doren Shaw.
More than 150 residencies and fellowships are now offered annually to creative professionals of all types, making Ragdale one of the largest interdisciplinary artists’ communities in the country. Ragdale residents represent a cross-section of ages, cultures, experience, and mediums, for a diverse and vibrant community.
In each session, 13 artists-in-residence enjoy uninterrupted time for work, a supportive environment, dynamic artist exchanges, 50 acres of idyllic prairie, and a family-style dinner each evening.
For more information, contact email@example.com.