30th Anniversary Rosen Sculpture Competition
The 30th Anniversary Rosen Outdoor Sculpture Competition and Exhibition is open to artists currently residing in the USA who are 18 years of age or older.
Deadline: 18 Feb 2016
Ten completed works will be chosen for installation on Appalachian’s campus and will be exhibited from May 2016 until April 2017. Works entered must have been completed within the last three years and not previously exhibited at Appalachian State University. All artists are invited to participate in the 30th Anniversary Rosen Sculpture Competition and Exhibition.
- Ten finalists will be selected to install their artwork on the campus of Appalachian State University in Boone, North Carolina.
- All finalists, whose works are installed, will receive a $1,200 honorarium to offset transportation and incidental expenses. Any additional costs are the responsibility of the artist.
- The Rosen Sculpture Competition will provide the cost of installation and lodging during installations and de-installations.
- The 30th Anniversary Rosen will feature three cash prizes and all winners will be designated the Martin & Doris Rosen 30th Anniversary Award Winners. The top three artists will receive cash prizes in the amounts of $3,000 for First Place, $2,000 for Second Place and $1,000 for Third Place. Awards and Honoraria total $18,000.
- The Rosen Sculpture Competition offers a sales program, brochure, promotion as a featured exhibition, and permanent archives on the competition’s website.
The Turchin Center for the Visual Arts at Appalachian State University engages visitors from the university, community, nation and beyond in creating unique experiences through dynamic and accessible exhibition, education, outreach and collection programs. These programs inspire and support a lifelong engagement with the visual arts and create opportunities for participants to learn more about themselves and the world around them.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.