stARTup Art Fair San Francisco 2016 – Call for Artists
stARTup Art Fair San Francisco is contemporary art fair for independent artists. If you are an independent, professional working visual artist – we invite you to apply.
Deadline: 15 Feb 2016
This three-day fair will run April 29-May 1, 2016 at the Hotel del Sol in San Francisco, and take place at the same time as the nearby SF Art Market gallery fair. Participating artists will have a fantastic opportunity to expose new work to a myriad of collectors, curators, gallery owners, art consultants, and writers who will be coming to the city for a weekend of contemporary art.
One of the core missions of stARTup Art Fair is to provide a new avenue for the creative longevity of the visual artist, providing a marketplace that gives artists the power to present and sell work on their own terms. All sales proceeds, as well as professional contacts made during the fair, belong 100% to the artists.
Applications will be reviewed by a Selection Committee, consisting of six diverse art world professionals:
- Michael Arcega, San Francisco-based artist and professor, San Francisco State University
- Hung Liu, San Francisco-based artist and retired professor, Mills College
- Max Presneill, artist and Director/Curator, Torrance Art Museum
- Renny Pritikin, Chief Curator, The Contemporary Jewish Museum
- Alex Ray, Art Consultant, Five Senses Art Consultancy
- Marianna Stark, President of the Board of Directors, Berkeley Art Center
There are application and entry fees.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.