Immersion Artist Residency – Call for Artists
Anacostia Arts Center seeks proposals for unique arts projects to inhabit one of its 500 sq ft galleries for the Immersion artist residency program.
Deadline: 1 May 2016
This project is aimed at individual artists or groups of artists whom enjoy the challenge creating site-specific installations and who need time and space to create and share their work.
The Immersion Artist Residency asks artists to create an installation experience and/or environment where they actively create work. The exhibition should inspire visitors to come back to see an evolution or make a new discovery. The objectives of the program are to offer residents and visitors a high-quality and engaging artistic experience and to allow artists an opportunity to further their practice through experimentation.
- Each exhibition will take place over 8-10 weeks, including installation and de-installation.
- Selected artists will receive an honorarium of $3,500 to include project expenses and their time spent in the gallery.
- Exhibitions must take place between July and December 2016.
If selected, the artist will:
- Work in the gallery a minimum of 16 hrs/week during the highest traffic days of Thursday – Saturday, 10 am – 7 pm.
- Attend an opening reception and hold an artist talk.
- Make a short weekly report of activities, interesting encounters, and the evolution of the work.
Anacostia Arts Center is a multi-use space that includes galleries, a Black Box Theater, and resident business including a cafe, clothing boutiques, massage and physical therapy, and artist reading room.
Our mission is to creating a home for small businesses, artists, and arts and cultural organizations to fulfill our commitment to the revitalization and sustainable economic development of Historic Anacostia neighborhood in Washington DC.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.