Newspace Call for Artist Residency Proposals
Newspace is proud to announce a new residency and exhibition opportunity in 2017 in collaboration with the Oregon Historical Society for a project on collective histories, identity formation, and the politics of place.
Deadline: 7 Nov 2016
All creative minds based in Oregon are invited to submit residency proposals.
- The selected project will receive an unrestricted artist fee of $5,000.
- Travel and lodging expenses for three research trips during the residency and for exhibition-related programs.
- The selected artist(s) will receive a production budget to cover all research expenses, exhibition materials, and public program costs.
- Newspace will provide access to its facilities in Southeast Portland (equipped with a darkroom, digital lab, and lighting studio), terms to be determined according to resident’s needs and facilities’ availability.
- OHS will provide access to its collections during the course of the project’s development (to be scheduled following project selection).
- The artist and/or collaborators will work regularly with Newspace’s Curator and OHS’s Archivist to develop the exhibition and programming components of the project.
Major support for this project is generously provided by The Oregon Community Foundation’s Creative Heights Grant.
Newspace Center for Photography connects and inspires people by offering an accessible place to create, learn, and engage in the evolution of the image.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.