Durham Arts Council Annual Call For Artists 2017 – 2018
The Durham Arts Council (DAC) issues an annual call to 2-D visual artists to select work for exhibit in its Allenton and Semans Galleries.
Deadline: 31 Jan 2017
This year, the DAC is also searching for artists who create large 2-D works to exhibit in the pre-function corridor of the Durham Convention Center in downtown Durham. Screening panels change annually and consist of art professionals from the area. Exhibits selected will take place between July 2017 and July 2018. Selected artists will receive generally one entire gallery for a solo exhibition. Artists are responsible for transporting to and installing their work at the DAC.
DAC’s Artist Services Department coordinates and promotes exhibition receptions in our historic downtown Durham facility, produces and distributes media promotion, and creates wall labels and text panels for the galleries. The DAC organizes a reception to support each exhibit. This will be held during the citywide Third Friday gallery night. Each exhibit is on view for six to eight weeks in our high-traffic arts facility.
The Durham Arts Council:
- helps artists and arts organizations produce music, theatre, dance, visual, media, and literary art;
- helps residents and visitors find, enjoy, and participate in the artistic and cultural events available in the community;
- programs classes in the performing, literary, and visual arts – some of these classes are held off-site in private studios;
- works with public and private schools to provide artist residencies designed for the classroom;
- provides grants, information, and networking for artists and arts groups as well as exhibit space for visual artists; and
- produces CenterFest, Durham’s annual street arts festival held during the third weekend of September.
For more information, contact email@example.com.