Halcyon Arts Lab Fellowship – Call For Artists
Halcyon announces a call for artists for the Halcyon Arts Lab Fellowship, a nine-month program established to provide emerging artists with time and space to explore new ideas and ambitious projects in an environment of independent learning, study, and collaboration.
Deadline: 4 May 2017
The Halcyon Arts Lab Fellowship is designed to provide support and resources to emerging artists who desire to develop projects (at any stage) that promote meaningful social impact. It is for those who wish to follow the path of leadership in the field of socially-engaged art. Halcyon accepts six national or international fellows and two DC-resident fellows in each year of the program.
Fellowship dates: October 1, 2017 – June 30, 2018.
Fellows accepted into the Halcyon Arts Lab Fellowship will have access to the following:
- Dedicated studio to concentrate on independent learning and creative practice
- Competitive financial scholarship to support living and material costs
- Nine months of offsite residential accommodation (eligible for non-DC residents only)
- Curriculum of classes that provides skills training in negotiating, marketing, and fundraising
- Mentorship and critique from an experienced arts professional in the Fellow’s field
- Workshops and lectures with a broad content of art topics in the public realm from urban planning and policy to design thinking and social justice
- Mentorship with DC high school students to provide guidance, instruction, and inspiration to the next generation
- Opportunities to collaborate with fellow artists, social entrepreneurs, and our program partner organizations in Washington, DC.
Halcyon seeks and celebrates creativity in all forms. They galvanize creative individuals aspiring to promote social good. They bring together diverse groups of change-makers in art and social enterprise and provide a safe haven for their bold ideas to take flight. Halcyon offers an ecosystem of advocacy that encourages socially engaged creatives to freely experiment, sometimes fail, learn, and advance their talents and visions. In doing so, they foster new pathways to knowledge and resources and help innovators transform their inspiration into impact.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.