Indian Wells Arts Festival 2018 – Call For Artists
Dianne Funk Productions announces a call for artists for the Indian Wells Arts Festival 2018 (IWAF). More than 10,000 art enthusiasts, collectors, and serious buyers will be in attendance on March 30, 31 and April 1, 2018.
Deadline: 20 Oct 2017
Event to be held in the Palm Springs Desert Resorts area, Indian Wells Tennis Garden, home to the BNP Paribas Tennis Tournament. Celebrating its 16th year of success, artists travel from across the nation and from as far as Japan, Africa, Central and South America, the United Kingdom, and Europe each year to showcase their contemporary and traditional fine art and high quality craft. A total of 200 artists are selected to participate by jury, with the 2018 Indian Wells Arts Festival’s Primary Jury deadline set for October 20, 2017. Additionally, 60 places are held for the Secondary Jury deadline of January 8, 2018.
Fifteen Indian Wells Arts Festival 2018 mediums and categories are judged for awards in painting, drawing, 2D and 3D mixed-media, printmaking, photography, other 2-dimensional, sculpture, jewelry, hand-woven textile or fiber, non-functional, utilitarian, wearable-art, and found art.
“Auditors agreed the quality and balance of work was present at the show, and gave a score of 9.4 to each, while the prestige of show was ranked a nice 9.6. 100% of Sunshine Artist auditors recommend coming back to the Indian Wells Arts Festival.” -Sunshine Artist Magazine
The Indian Wells Arts Festival is ranked as an AFSB Blue Chip 100 Fine Art Events in 2017
Indian Wells Arts Festival 2018
- #3 So-Cal Getaway by The Examiner ‘Best of the Best’ by Palm Springs Life Magazine
- Booth fees affordably range from $300 for a 10′ x 10′ single space and $600 for a 10′ x 20′ double space, with electricity optional at an additional $200 fee
- Reported sales of $765,000 in 2016 are fostered by the Festival’s established reputation for fine and high-quality art
- Ranked consistently as one of the 100 Best Fine Art Shows in the country by Sunshine Artist magazine
- Privately gated venue with 24-hour security and unparalleled state-of-the-art facilities which include on-call booth sitters, free Wi-Fi internet access, and luxury on-site restrooms
- Artists are required to be in attendance daily
What to expect in 2018
- On-going artist promotion opportunities through artist spotlights across all IWAF social media and in video podcasts; and IWAF blog features at no additional cost to the artists
- Public relations and media coverage including local and select major-market editorials and press releases
- Easy artist check-in and express check-out
- Real-time show updates and communications via text message
- Complimentary artist hospitality with fresh snacks and beverages
- Live jazz and entertainment ambiance designed to indulge and motivate buyers
- Guests are greeted as VIPs with free and valet parking available, event programs, and free ‘be-back’ passes
- Interactive activities and artist demonstrations
- Children’s activities along with special exhibits
- Gourmet specialties at the Gourmet MarketPlace lining the festival entryway
- Local charities incorporated as Festival Partners, with donations towards their art scholarship funds
- Saturday & Sunday “Eggs + Champagne in the Garden” brunch menu till noon
- Champagne Circle Bar and RumChata Bar service, and full-menu restaurants in the shaded courtyard pavilion
Chosen Indian Wells Arts Festival 2018 artists will participate in a wonderful, highly recognized, and accredited fine arts festival. Experience the beauty of the venue and relax while enjoying the live music and performances. Artists receive media/social media publicity opportunities on all of the Indian Wells Arts Festival social media platforms and other news outlets leading up to and throughout the festival. They will be able to connect with other artists, vendors, staff, volunteers and festival goers/buyers. Artists receive 15% commission on all sales.
About Dianne Funk Enterprises
The Indian Wells Arts Festival is founded upon a commitment to promoting the crucial role art plays in a thriving society, whether it be in education, business, or quality of life. The architect of that vision is Dianne Funk Enterprises, Inc. led by its namesake.
Dianne Funk began producing art festivals in the Coachella Valley in 1986, with Faire a La Quinta, followed by Southwest Arts Festival in Indio in 1989, which has since grown into an acclaimed regional attraction. Building upon that success, Dianne Funk created the Indian Wells Arts Festival in 2002. It has since developed into the headlining event of the Coachella Valley’s arts festival season. The event has achieved an international scope with artists from more than 30 countries participating.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.