Japan Day Art Contest 2018- Call For Artists
Japan Day is inviting all visual artists to submit their work to Japan Day Art Contest 2018 to select our Japan Day Official Artist.
Deadline: 6 Dec 2017
Japan Day Art Contest 2018 Rules
- Art must incorporate all of the following three themes: New York, Japan, and Central Park
- Size must be 24″ tall x 18″ wide
- Only two-dimensional media is accepted
- Only one submission per artist will be accepted
- All entries must be the original work of the entering artist
- Artwork which has been submitted to previous contests and/or previously shown or published is not eligible
- Art does not need to include the Japan Day logo or any text related to the event
- Artwork that violates copyrights, intellectual property rights, and/or any related rights of a third party, is not eligible. (For example, the use of existing anime characters would be a violation of copyrights)
- Art must not contain explicit sexuality, violence, or any discriminatory elements
- The final layout and design of the poster, flyer, and other publicity materials will be created and approved by Japan Day. Artist’s approval is not required for publication.
All Japan Day Art Contest 2018 winners will be announced in March 2018. The awards will be presented on the day of event in May 2018. By submitting artwork, artists grant Japan Day the right to use their work for the purpose of marketing, exhibition, and other Japan Day-related uses.
The chosen artwork will become the official image of Japan Day @ Central Park 2018. The artwork will be used for the official poster, programs, flyer, and T-shirts. Several artists will receive honorable mentions. Japan Day Official Artists will receive a pair of round trip tickets to Japan provided by ANA. All winning artwork will be displayed at an exhibition space on the 18th floor of the Consulate General of Japan in New York. Additionally, Japan Day Official Artists and all of honorable mentions will receive a digital camera provided by Nikon.
About Japan Day
Founded in 2007, Japan Day @ Central Park is an annual event designed by the Japanese community of New York to promote a deeper understanding of the Japanese culture and to say “Thank you, New York!” It has received official support by the Office of the Mayor, the New York City Department of Parks & Recreation, the Central Park Conservancy, New York Road Runners, the Consulate General of Japan in New York, the Japanese Chamber of Commerce and Industry, The Nippon Club, and many other Japanese and American corporations. The event kicks off with the rousing Japan Run, a 4-mile mini-marathon and Kids’ Races, hosted by New York Road Runners. The event continues with the Japan Day Festival. This features a wide range of Japanese traditional and family-friendly activities, free samplings of popular Japanese cuisine, and powerful stage performances throughout the day.
For more information, contact email@example.com.