KIRA 2018 – Call For Artists
Kingsbrae International Residence for the Arts (KIRA) announces a call for artists for KIRA 2018, which awards up to fifteen artists with one month residencies in St. Andrews, New Brunswick Canada.
Deadline: 31 Dec 2017
Residence dates: One month residency periods in June, July, and August 2018
Artists will be provided with an individual studio space, housing, up to two prepared meals each day and a stipend. Artists will live on a historic property in a beautiful seaside town and work in studios located on the property. Applications are open to a range of disciplines and types of artists including, but not limited to, the visual arts, music/composition, new media, and interdisciplinary arts. Artists from all levels in their career who exhibit a strong professional work ethic and a collaborative attitude may apply. Artists from New Brunswick are encouraged to apply.
KIRA 2018 Artist Benefits
- One month of free studio space in a freestanding 300-square foot studio equip with Wi-Fi
- Awarded stipend of $1,500 per month
- Private bedroom/bathroom in a well-maintained historic property located steps away from the studio
- Two meals a day
- Audience engagement opportunities
- Access to Kingsbrae Garden public events
- Scheduled access to nontoxic printmaking equipment (portable proofing press suitable for linoblock, woodcut, and letter set printing, range of typeset), ceramics equipment (pottery kick-wheels, medium sized kiln, outdoor gas fired kiln), woodshop (chop saws, table saws, planer, clamps), and mechanical shop with a range of basic hand tools and resources
- Artists will be responsible for covering costs associated with the purchase of materials, shipment of artwork/supplies, travel costs, and other living expenses including supplemental food
- Artists will participate in Open Studios for the public each Saturday from 10am-1pm
- An end of residency art exhibit of the body of work completed during the residency month will take place in the final week of each residence
About Kingsbrae International Residence for the Arts
KIRA is the only residency of it type in the Canadian Maritime Provinces. Artists reside in a historic property in a beautiful seaside town. Each has a private studio, furnished and equipped with basic tools and located on the property. Artists engage with the community and partner with Kingsbrae Garden which is located steps away from the residence and studio. Artists have a one month residence which includes two meals a day. Living together with another four artists sharing meals and the ability to share thoughts and present their work with other like minded individuals.
For more information, contact email@example.com.