Waterford Fair 2018 – Call For Artists
The Waterford Foundation announces a call for artists for the 74th annual Waterford Fair 2018, a juried artisan exhibition with demonstrations and retail sales. This event will be held in the National Historic Landmark village of Waterford, Virginia, on October 5, 6, and 7, 2018. 160 heritage and contemporary artisans from across America are invited to demonstrate and sell their products at the Fair each year.
Deadline: 13 Apr 2018
Apply by 20 Feb 2018 to save $15 off the $45 application fee
The 18,000+ visitors who attend annually enjoy strolling through the streets of the historic village, touring homes, learning about the artists and their work, and purchasing their wares. Fair organizers select high-quality, handmade products from within eleven (11) medium categories.
Waterford Fair 2018 Artist Benefits
- Artisans appreciate the warmth of the Waterford welcome and the support they receive from well-educated and loyal clientele, villagers, and volunteers
- Vehicle unloading/loading at booth space, weather permitting
- Free artist parking
- Complimentary invitation to the Preview Party on October 4, 2018
- Free local lodging (first come, first serve basis) in the village and surrounding communities
- Individual artists listed on fair website and social media
- Complimentary media files (JPEG/PDF) or printed rack cards for use in artist’s marketing efforts
The oldest arts event in Virginia, the Waterford Fair is unique for two reasons. One, its tradition of being a teaching event. Artisans demonstrate their art. They educate fair-goers giving them the opportunity to connect and become customers. Two, the event takes place through the entire village of Waterford. It is a National Historic Landmark and preserved 18th century Quaker village.
About Waterford Foundation
The funds raised by the Waterford Fair support the preservation and education efforts of the Waterford Foundation, whose mission is to preserve and protect the Landmark District. Through education, the foundation increases the public’s knowledge of life and work in an early American rural community. The Waterford Foundation is a 501(c)(3).
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.