Expo 38 – Call For Artists
b.j. spoke gallery announces a call for artists for Expo 38, a competition judged by Erica Cooke, Research Fellow at the Museum of Modern Art, NY. Artists may submit up to six images and/or two videos. All visual fine arts media are acceptable. No crafts.
Deadline: 28 Nov 2018
Expo 38 Artist Benefits
Chosen artists will participate in a one month exhibition at the b.j. spoke gallery in Huntington, NY in March of 2019. There will be a reception for artists and the public in March. The gallery attempts to include several images by the chosen artist, where possible. They have an online presence on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and publicize the show to local news media. In addition, a blog post with the artist’s statement and an image appears on their website. They publicize the show with a monthly newsletter and ezine which is sent to their mailing list.
About b.j. spoke gallery
b.j. spoke gallery is an artist cooperative and not-for profit 501(c)3 with an enduring community outreach. It has been a presence on Main Street in the heart of Huntington since 1990. b.j. spoke gallery was founded with the belief that a partnership between artist and public is an essential relationship. The gallery provides the opportunity for artists to experience responses to their work and for the public to increase its aesthetic awareness in deciphering of the artist’s intent through contemplation and dialogue.
- an open call for local non-member artists to display work in our gallery for a nominal fee in our yearly exhibition Harvest of Artists
- portfolio and career options workshops
- a competition for local college and graduate students
- Artist Choice, an annual invitational show where each of our members chooses an outside artist with which to show
- a workshop open to all, concerning working with art as emotional expression
- support to the Huntington Breast Cancer Action Coalition
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.