BigCi Environmental Awards 2019 – Call For Artists
Artists from various fields – visual art, installation, multimedia, performance, literature, music, photography, film making, curating – are invited to submit entries for the BigCi Environmental Awards 2019.
Deadline: 3 Mar 2019
There is an entry fee of AUD$50 that must be paid at the time of sending the submission. Entry fees are not refundable. They will be used to support these Awards and other BigCi artist-in-residence programs.
BigCi Environmental Awards 2019 Artist Benefits
The two winning artists will each receive:
- Four (4) free weeks of BigCi residency and AUD$2,500 spending money
- Up to AUD$2,000 flight travel subsidy will be shared between the two winners
- An opportunity to explore the Wollemi, the Blue Mountains, and the Gardens of Stone National Parks on guided walks
- Research assistance relevant to their projects
- At the end of their residencies, present their work at BigCi Open Day
BigCi is an independent, artist run, not for profit artist residency program focusing on artists’ professional development and facilitating their projects. BigCi has been established and run by Rae Bolotin, a practicing artist, and Yuri Bolotin, environmentalist and wilderness explorer.
Because of the location on the edge of Wollemi National Park within the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Greater Blue Mountains and the knowledge base of our team, many resident artists are particularly interested in projects that explore environmental or ecological issues. Others use the beautiful natural surroundings as a source of creativity for a variety of artistic pursuits.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.