Denis Lefevre [Certified Visual Artist – Rungis, France]
Denis Lefevre is a new Side Arts Certified Visual Artist from Rungis, France.
Self-taught, Denis Lefevre trained since the 1990s in graphic design and painting. Having participated in a few exhibitions – Barr, rue des Arts (Alsace); Boston (USA); Galerie Métanoïa (Paris) – since the 2010s, Denis makes small-format works to be sold in the form of postcards and paintings.
Denis designs paintings on various themes and illustrates works (for example: 5 large format paintings that can illustrate André Malraux’s book: “La Voie Royale”). His goal is to offer originals in the form of flyers, postcards, business cards, and paintings.
The origin of this approach stems from the observation that writing, especially that of French, does not represent the sound reality. It is a code, a notation which is the sign of the enunciation but also of the historical evolution without counting the pure graphics signifying aspects of its grammaticality. We postulate that we are currently living disconnected from reality; audible, but also visible, which makes, among other things, the quest for the spiritual more difficult to perform. To do this, it is advisable to resort to the representation that it is figurative, abstract, or symbolic. Several themes are developed according to three main axes:
A] Figurative art
- architectural or religious heritage
- existential or spiritual messages – nature
B] Symbolic art – calligraphy and letter design
C] Abstract art – enunciative painting
- Alsace city of Barr “Rue des Arts” 06/12/2011
- Paris Galerie Métanoïa “Un seul grain de riz” 12/19/2015 – 01/09/2016
- Paris Galerie Métanoïa “Un seul grain de riz : “Le Zodiaque”” 12/18/2017 – 01/06/2019
- Paris Galerie Métanoïa “La Voie Royale (André Malraux)” 11/04/2016 – 11/10/2016
- Senlis (Oise) “Festival d’at sacré : Le Chant de la Terre” april 2019
USA – in Boston French Cultural Center mai 2012
See more work, visit denizarbnc.com