Patti Walsh [Certified Visual Artist – Minneapolis, MN]
Patti Walsh is a new Side Arts Certified Visual Artist from Minneapolis, MN.
Patti Walsh’s work is filtered through her road-weary, sometimes jaded, and warped mind with a unique woman-elder perspective. It’s pure feeling. She allows chaos to self-organize into a form that might be understood visually. She evolves and learns to understand that visual art expresses what we know without words but with experiences and sensory understanding.
As Patti approaches a new piece of work, she typically has a process where colors are decided and lets loose on the canvas with nothing in her logical mind. She lets her angst, joy, frustration, silliness, or a thousand other feelings dictate the movement of the work. Patti enjoys learning how people perceive the finished pieces and tell her what they feel she might have been thinking. Sometimes they’re spot on, sometimes not so much. She loves for people to get their own feelings from her work and interpret it in their own ways.
- May 2021 – Grumpy’s NE – “Artificial World” outdoor art exhibit
- February 2020 – Vine Arts Center – “Creation by Sound” group and coordinated/curated exhibit
- November 2019 – Inverted Arts Gallery – “Love vs. Fear” Mill City Art Show Group Exhibit
- September 2019 – Vine Arts Center – 12th Annual Members Group Exhibit
- February 2019 – Vine Arts Center – “Locally Inspired” Two person exhibit with Susan Warner
See more work, visit pattiwalsh66.com