Lanesboro Arts seeks original work in the areas of painting, drawing, photography, ceramics, sculpture, metalwork, glass, fiber, paper, jewelry, wood, textiles, and mixed media for Art In The Park 2018. All items for sale must be the art or handiwork of the exhibiting artist.
Deadline: 23 Mar 2018
Entry fee: $10
Lanesboro Arts’ annual Art in the Park festival is southeast Minnesota’s longest running art festival. Renowned for quality, variety, and value, Art in the Park attracts thousands of regional patrons to Sylvan Park in Lanesboro each year. The 38th annual Art in the Park Fine Art Festival on Saturday, June 16, 2018 will feature more than ninety fine art booths, excellent live music, craft beer and community food vendors, and family art activities in the midst of mature shade trees in the beautiful setting of Sylvan Park.
Art In The Park 2018 Prizes
- $500 Prize for Best in the Show
- $100 Prize for Award of Excellence
- March 23, 2018 – Application deadline for full consideration (Applications still being accepted for wait list until May 31)
- March 24 – 30, 2018 – Jury process followed by notification
- May 31, 2018 – Wait List application deadline
- June 1, 2018 – Artist Accept and Purchase Deadline
- June 1, 2018 – Application window closes — no additional applications accepted
- Saturday, June 16, 2018 — 6:00am artist check in.
- Saturday, June 16, 2018 — 10am-5pm Art in the Park festival
About Lanesboro Arts
Lanesboro Arts is a multidisciplinary arts organization working to activate the people and places of Lanesboro by empowering and creating opportunities for artists.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Excelsior-Lake Minnetonka Chamber of Commerce announces a call for artists for its 37th annual Excelsior Art on the Lake 2017, to be held on June 10-11. It showcases a wide array of high quality art and craft, both contemporary and traditional.
Deadline: 7 Mar 2017
This event is an engaging, creative experience that connects the artist’s personal story with a vibrant lake community. Over 140 artists will be displaying original works amidst live music and a variety of food offerings.
The historic lakeside village of Excelsior draws art enthusiasts from across the Minneapolis/St. Paul area with its unique shops, galleries, and restaurants. Excelsior Art on the Lake 2017 seeks to maintain an inspiring experience for both the artist and the public. Excelsior-Lake Minnetonka Chamber of Commerce listens and acts on artist’s suggestions and feedback to continually enhance and improve our show.
Excelsior Art on the Lake 2017 artist benefits
Debbie Hart was the original founder of Excelsior Art on the Lake. The awards are given to artists whom exemplify Debbie’s spirit and values. Four Debbie Hart Artist Awards will be given. Each winner receives a cash prize and will be invited back the following year with jury and single booth fee waived. Judging for the Debbie Hart awards will take place Saturday, June 11 at the start of the show.
- Artist name and booth number listed in the Excelsior Art on the Lake 2017 program and website.
- Each artist’s work is featured on the Excelsior Art on the Lake Facebook page beginning two months prior to start date of the show.
- Exhibitors are provided marketing support in local media, print, newspapers, magazines, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Excelsior Art on the Lake website.
- Frequent email blasts to distribution list of 9,000+ residents and shoppers in the Excelsior-Lake Minnetonka area.
The Excelsior-Lake Minnetonka Chamber of Commerce is the driving force between community and business success and involvement. Growth, prosperity, and sustainability are ways the Chamber strives to keep the community ranked highly as a destination for visitors. Art on the Lake is a high profile event and enjoys a loyal following of 18,000+ art admirers, collectors, and buyers. The Lake Minnetonka area has excellent demographics and is known for its strong patronage of cultural events. The Excelsior-Lake Minnetonka Chamber of Commerce is the leading representative of the business community, actively promoting a prosperous business climate, thereby creating a positive environment for the entire South Lake Minnetonka community.
For more information, contact email@example.com.
Lanesboro Arts announces a call for artists for the Lanesboro Arts Art In The Park 2017 to be held June 17th at 10 am to 5 pm in Sylvan Park.
Deadline: 21 Apr 2017
The 37th annual Art in the Park Fine Art Festival in Lanesboro, Minnesota features 90+ fine art and craft booths, excellent live music, scrumptious local foods, and kids’ activities. Lanesboro Arts’ Art in the Park 2017 is southeast Minnesota’s longest running art festival. It is renowned for quality, variety, and value. Art in the Park attracts thousands of regional patrons to Sylvan Park in Lanesboro each year.
Art in the Park accepts applications in fine arts and crafts. Original and unique work made by the applicant in the areas of painting, drawing, photography, ceramics, sculpture, metalwork, glass, fiber, paper, jewelry, wood, textiles, and mixed media. There is a $10 application fee.
Lanesboro Arts Art In The Park 2017 booth information:
- Booth fee is $95 per 12′ x 12′ space; double spots can be purchased for an additional $95.
- Returning artists may request same booth # or close proximity to previous years.
- Artists supply their own display materials.
- Electric hook-ups are not provided and there will be no portable generators during the fair.
- A Minnesota sales and use tax number is required for all taxable sales.
- Booth spaces will be marked and ready for set-up at 6 a.m. on the day of the festival.
- Artist welcome station will include rolls and coffee at 6 a.m. during set up.
Lanesboro has many camping sites with hook-ups and showers including the Sylvan Park campground adjacent to the festival site. The festival will take place rain or shine.
Lanesboro Arts Art In The Park 2017 Prizes: $500 Best in Show, $100 Award of Excellence.
About Lanesboro Arts
Through a diverse spectrum of community arts programming, Lanesboro Arts supports artists, revitalizes public spaces, and builds a sense of community and civic pride among the 754 people who call Lanesboro home. Programming includes free youth education classes, fine arts galleries, internship programs, performance art, residency program, a community variety show, opportunities to participate in public art, as well as programming in its galleries, at the St. Mane Theatre, and in public spaces throughout the community. Lanesboro Arts has brought innovative arts experiences to audiences for over thirty years. It is becoming a national model for empowering communities through the arts.
Lanesboro, Minnesota has been recently recognized as one of “America’s Top 12 Small Town Art Places,” and was also named by Smithsonian Magazine as “One of the Top 20 Small Towns to Visit in America.” Population 754, Lanesboro is nestled in the bluffs of southeastern Minnesota along the Root River and Minnesota State Highway 16, a National Scenic Byway. Lanesboro’s downtown hosts dynamic local businesses and restaurants in historic buildings, with the Root River State Trail running on the diagonal through town. Lanesboro is “Minnesota’s Bed and Breakfast Capital.”
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.