Contemporary Art Gallery Online announces a call for artists for All Botanical. Entries welcome from 2D and 3D artists regardless of their experience or education in the art field. A group exhibition of all entrants will be held online from July 15th, 2020 to August 12th, 2020.
Artists should submit their best representational and non-representational art. This competition will be judged on painting and drawing, photography and digital, and mixed media and 3D art.
Deadline: 12 Jul 2020
All Botanical Entry Fee: $15 for up to three images and $25 for up to five images. Funds in US Dollars.
All work must belong to the person submitting the application. The art or a print of the original and must be available for sale. The artist must be at least 18 years old.
Awards will be given for the top 5 to 8 works selected. Winners will be announced on July 27, 2020. Prizes include memberships to Contemporary Art Gallery Online, extensive marketing, Winner’s Certificates, inclusion in the annual Anthology Publication, and event collateral.
About Contemporary Art Gallery Online
Contemporary Art Gallery Online is a collector’s number one source for all original contemporary art. CAGOnline is proud to showcase tomorrow’s art giants today. CAGOnline has created CAGO Media which has two purposes. First is to share art business ideas, and second to introduce artists to the buying public. CAGO Media accomplishes both of these initiatives by programming radio and TV shows.
The Business of Art Show airs bi-monthly, 15 to 20 minute episodes. Hosted by Sharon Belle Hawkshawe, each episode discusses everything pertaining to the Business of Art. The What is Art Show is a monthly 30 minute episode with hosts Michael Harris (art collector) and Sharon Hawkshawe (acclaimed artist), who discuss current art movements and art shows. The hosts are occasionally joined by museum curators, gallery owners, art critics, and art insiders. The third show is An Artist Speaks. These lively 30 minute episodes are in-depth interviews with artists discussing their art process, philosophy, and a candid look at their work. Every month, a video is produced showcasing the monthly art participants. Other videos highlight gallery artist and art styles.
For more information, contact email@example.com.
The Mauser Harmony with Nature Foundation announces a call for artists for the EcoHouse Artist Residency, Costa Rica. Strengthen your mind, body, and spirit by immersing yourself in nature. Let the clean water, air, and sunshine be your medicine. The residency is a luxurious 6,000 sq. ft. Spanish Villa that sits on 1.5 acres of land. It is located within a small community in the mountains. Surrounding it is the jungle, breathtaking views, and miles of dirt roads and trails to meander, run, hike, and explore. There is a family owned restaurant, Mirador Donde Andrés, with delicious food a 20 minute walk away.
Deadline: 20 Jul 2020
- 2 private rooms, each with matrimonial bed and private bathroom
- 1 communal bedroom with 2 XL bunk beds (pillow top mattresses), attached large bathroom with Jacuzzi
- Beds made by local artisan from wood repurposed from fallen trees
- Natural cooling in each bedroom provided by ceiling fans
- Covered wrap around veranda provides artists with 2 hammocks for relaxing, reflecting, or meditating in the cool evening jungle breeze
- Main Studio 20 ft x 22 ft with up to 4 spaces available with natural light and large wooden doors with view to backyard gardens
- Open air studios on covered veranda overlooking jungle
- Writer’s private room studio with desk and chair, matrimonial bed, and attached bathroom facing a butterfly garden
Duration of residency: 2 weeks to 3 months (longer stays available on approval)
Cost: $18-56 a day depending on length of stay and shared or private room
Included in cost:
- Shuttle service to and from airport (SJO)
- Free wi-fi, weekly maid service, and fully equipped community kitchen
- Continental self-serve breakfast Monday through Friday
- Prepared gourmet vegetarian meal at 5 pm Monday through Friday
- Trips to the grocery store, local fruit/vegetable stands, and Farmer’s Markets
- A variety of power tools, drills, electric saws, wrenches, screw drivers, machetes, and a Dremel available for use
Artists bring needed supplies for their projects. Mauser Foundation will be happy to help facilitate an order and pick up. Please be sure to give ample notice.
Mauser Foundation welcomes applicants from all races, cultures, and lifestyles. No fee to apply.
EcoHouse Artist Residency Artist Benefits
The EcoHouse Artist Residency is the perfect place for all types of nature loving artists to come get healthy and be creative.
The program focuses on furnishing artists with healthy gourmet delicious vegetarian meals (breakfast and dinner 5 days a week with ingredients that are either grown on site or locally and sustainably sourced), comfortable and beautiful accommodations, ample work space, and serene surroundings so that individual or group projects can can flourish.
You will be surrounded by dozens of different species of birds, butterflies, insects, flowers, and plants. It is common to have toucans, scarlet macaws, monkeys, coatis, and sloths pass through. There is a stream that runs through the lower half of the property. Phenomenal sunrises and sunsets and marvelous natural light all day.
The yard is filled with edible fruits like plantains, papayas, and lemons. There is a working greenhouse. Produce and herbs are grown on site. Help yourself! There is lemongrass, mint, stevia, holy, and purple basil to name a few.
Heather, our on-site artist and EcoHouse Coordinator welcomes and delights in giving tours of the property’ sustainable features including the medicinal and tropical plants.
There is a library of books at the residency to learn about permaculture, sustainability, and Costa Rican wildlife and plants.
Mauser Foundation plans trips to the beach, Manuel Antonio National Park, Monkey Mangrove Tour, Cacao Farms, waterfalls (including Rainmaker), cloud forests, volcanos, and nature reserves (available for an additional cost).
About Mauser Harmony with Nature Foundation
The program at the Mauser EcoHouse is all about providing a beautiful, tranquil, and inspirational space where artists can immerse themselves in their individual projects. Artists are encouraged to be self directed and pursue their own creative ideas.
Some specifics about Costa Rica:
- Costa Rica hosts more than 5% of the world’s biodiversity even though its landmass only takes up .03% of the planet’s surface.
- There are 801 miles of coastline in Costa Rica.
- Costa Rica is one of the most valued environmental destinations. Approximately 25% of the country has protected forests and reserves.
The Mauser Harmony with Nature Foundation is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization committed to improving the quality of life on the planet. They believe it is possible to find a harmonious balance between technology and nature.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org