BARAK, Inc. call for muralists. The theme is A Historical Perspective of Dauphin County, PA. While the mural will be located in Millersburg, PA, it is intended to honor and celebrate the seat of state government, Dauphin County.
Deadline: 26 Jun 2015
The selected artist or artist team will be paid a $5000 stipend for the execution of the mural. Artist/team must be experienced/willing to work with community youth groups to complete the project.
Through its diverse programs, Barak, Inc. engages youth in the process of creative place- making that encourages early civic engagement, community building, skills enhancement, and education through the arts.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Self-directed and instructional artist and writers residencies in Puebla and Oaxaca, Southern Mexico. Apply now through April 27.
Deadline: 27 Apr 2015
We are now welcoming applications for the following artist residencies in 2015 and 2016:
- Art Production, Design Production, or Photography Production Residency (self-directed)
- Art Educators Special Artist Residency
- Art History and Cultural Research Residency (self-directed)
- Mexican Ceramics Special Artist Residency (self-directed)
- Gold Leafing and Antique Art Techniques Instructional Artist Residency
- “Inside the Museum” Short-Term Instructional Artist Residencies
- Journalism Residencies (self-directed)
- Mexican Textiles Instructional Artist Residency
- Natural Pigments Instructional Artist Residency
- Printmaking Special Artist Residency (self-directed)
- Writers Residency (self-directed)
Founded in 2009 in Puebla, Arquetopia is an award-winning, Mexican official nonprofit foundation run entirely by artists. It has since grown to include the premier artist residency program of Mexico and Latin America, with extensive collaborative networks in Puebla and Oaxaca. Our resident artists have come from dozens of countries on six continents, and many have returned multiple times. Our Artist-in-Residence Programs offer competitive professional opportunities for emerging and mid-career, national and international artists, designers, curators, art historians, art educators, writers, journalists, and cultural researchers age 25 and over.
In contrast to the many vacation rentals, spa resorts, B&B’s, and sublets advertised as part-time quasi art centers, both Arquetopia and Arquetopia Oaxaca have always been spaces exclusively for productive art professionals, writers, and researchers and include structured programs; a network of collaborative workspaces, institutions, and studios; and project support.
For more information, contact email@example.com.