Convocatoria RADAR is an open call for artists that want to establish collaborations in Spain. The prize encourages the participation of artists of all levels.
Deadline: 20 Jan 2017
RADAR leaves the greatest freedom of management between the artist and the gallery. RADAR puts in contact artists and gallery owners without interfering or claiming anything into their professional relationships. All the exhibitions will be managed directly between the gallery and the artist in every respect (period, duration, works selection, and so forth). All the events will be held in the 2017-2018 exhibition season.
A jury composed of eight professional galleries interested in discovering new projects to be exhibited will review all the applications. Each of the eight galleries, located in the most important Spanish areas for contemporary art, will choose one artist to realize a solo event that can be a prelude to a long-lasting collaboration. The galleries choose freely and autonomously their own winners and are required to select artists with whom they have never had previous work relationships. The jury is chaired by curator Frederic Montornés who coordinates eleven jurors composed of three curators and eight galleries.
Convocatoria RADAR will oversee the following simple rules, galleries: 1) must choose their winning artists with the utmost freedom; 2) can not choose artists with whom they had previous collaborations; and 3) can not ask artists for economic contributions or fees. The communication of the exhibition will be organised by each gallery according to its own general policy. All commercial transactions regarding sales are handled directly between the gallery and the winning artist.
For more information, contact email@example.com.
Art Print Residence is a professional printmaking studio specializing in intaglio and other printmaking methods.
Deadline: 31 Mar 2016
Residency duration: between 1 week – 3 months
Art Print Residence provides accommodation for the artists.
Our master printers have more than 20 years of expertise in printmaking. We can offer technical advise to the artists.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
La Escocesa Art Center opens a call for visual artists through its residency program (4 studios are available).
Deadline: 10 Nov 2015
- November 25, 2015 to November 25, 2017
- November 25, 2015 to November 25, 2017
- January 1, 2016 to January 1, 2018
- January 1, 2016 to June 30, 2016
- July 2, 2016 to December 31, 2016
- Individual artists= 100 €
- Artists collectives= 150 €
- Plus additional 150 € fee in the beginning of the residency that will be returned in the end of it.
- Ruben Verdú, artist (Venezuela – Barcelona)
- Carles Taché, Taché Gallery (Barcelona)
- Àlex Mitrani, independent curator (Barcelona)
- Esteve Caramés – member of the Institute of Culture (City Council of Barcelona)
- Mike Swaney, artist – member of the Associació d’Idees – La Escocesa
- Llapispanc, artist – member of the Associació d’Idees – La Escocesa
- Four studios available in La Escocesa building.
- The studios are about 35 m2 (7×5 meters) in size.
- Wireless internet, electricity, water, and supplies.
- Ability to use the common areas (kitchen, exhibition space, and Espai M) and other services (utility room, computer, and some tools and technical equipment of La Escocesa).
- Ability to apply for international residency and production – exhibition grants for the resident artists.
- Ability to exhibit at Espai M and to participate in other collaborative production and exhibition projects of the Center.
- Promotion services trough La Escocesa’s communication channels (such as website, social networks, and postcards).
La Escocesa Art Center is a center for visual art production located in Barcelona (in the District of Sant Martí, Poblenou neighborhood) specialized in painting, sculpture, silk screening, graffiti, illustration, physical installations, and ephemeral architecture.
It is an Art Factory Center for visual artists that want to improve their creativity and professional career. La Escocesa is a member of Barcelona City Council’s Art Factories Project (Fàbriques de Creació) and provides a public service for creation oriented to the best upcoming visual artists of the city and the sector. It offers studios, tools, and equipment for the work in the arts as well as promotion services and activities for the resident artists and collaborators with that intention. The center frequently collaborates with other art spaces and networks from the District, the city of Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain, and in some foreign countries.
La Escocesa is a public service for the arts in the city of Barcelona and is managed by the visual artist’s association “Associació d’Idees,” an association whose members have a long-term experience in La Escocesa factory complex since 1999, before becoming an official service for the city and sector in 2008.
Currently, the resident profiles are a combination between established artists and those who are in the process of professional development.
The center has 21 workshops / studios in total in its two floors. On the top floor, there are studios for painters and illustrators, mainly, and on the ground floor there are studios for artists that work in sculpture and installations.
For more information, contact email@example.com.