Washington Printmakers Gallery announces a call for artists for the Small Works Exhibition. Artwork submissions: hand-pulled prints, screen prints, digital prints, photographs, and three-dimensional work including artist books with print components completed within the past two years. Image may be no larger than 100 square inches with framed size of 256 square inches or less. 3D works are limited to 250 cubic inches. Open to artists 18 years and older, nationwide.
Deadline: 8 Jun 2019
- Entry fee: $35 for up to four original pieces
- Exhibition dates: August 1 – 25, 2019
- Reception and Awards: August 17, 2019, 2-4 PM
- Juror: JD Talasek, Director of Cultural Programs, National Academy of Sciences
Chosen artists will benefit from having their work exhibited in the gallery district of Washington DC’s fashionable Georgetown neighborhood. There will be an opening reception and other events during the run of the show.
Small Works Exhibition Prizes
- Grand Prize: Solo exhibition at the Washington Printmakers Gallery in Georgetown.
- 1st Prize: $500 cash award from Washington Print Club
- 2nd Prize: $150 Solarplate Award gifted by Dan Welden
- 3rd Prize: $100 Materials Award from Renaissance Graphic Arts
- 4th Prize: $100 Plaza Art Materials gift card
The gallery is an artist-run cooperative with a diverse membership. Our members are committed to social equity and work to promote it both through their art and their work in a range of community organizations. A small works exhibit allows the gallery to show the work of more artists and be more inclusive. In past years, this show has had diverse content, reflecting the varied lives of the artist. It has also given an opportunity to emerging artists.
About Washington Printmakers Gallery
Founded by local artists in 1985, Washington Printmakers Gallery has long been the DC metro area’s primary source for contemporary fine art prints. It has a membership of exceptional local and national printmakers, photographers, and book artists. The gallery has a full calendar of juried shows, group, and a solo exhibitions. The monthly group exhibits include the work of member artists, gallery interns, and, occasionally, guest artists. The shows are frequently reviewed in the Washington Post and other area publications. Prints, photographs, and artist books are from limited editions. Washington Printmakers is one of the Georgetown Galleries on Book Hill group.
For more information, contact email@example.com.