View, a multi-media arts center in Old Forge, seeks artists working in watermedia for the 2019 Adirondacks National Exhibition of American Watercolors. This exhibition is considered one of the top ten watermedia exhibitions in the nation. It draws artists and audiences from all over. Each year, artists compete to receive over $12,000 in prizes and awards. The exhibition is open to artists working in watercolors. All works must be of original design and execution, comprised of 90% watermedia.
Deadline: 5 Apr 2019
Collage and works previously exhibited at View are not eligible for submission. There is a non-refundable entry fee of $30 for View members and $40 for guests, which enables an artist to submit up to two works. Each artist may submit a total of five works at a cost of an additional $10 per work. The submission fees help to support View’s gallery programs.
2019 Adirondacks National Exhibition Of American Watercolors Awards
- The Beechmont First & Gold Medallion: $2500
- The Ruth G. Rosenau Silver Medallion: $1000
- Judith & A. Richard Cohen Memorial for Abstraction: $1000
- Morrison Family Award: $1000
- Sallie & Gannon Kashiwa Award: $500
- Adirondack Express Award for Strong Narrative Content: $500
- Forest Runes Award in Memory of Scott Stuart: $500
- Three Smart Sisters Award for Soft-Edged Expressionism: $500
- Tina Wolfe Memorial Award: $500
- Realism in Nature Award: $500
- Martin Family Award: $500
- The Howard Slater Memorial Award: $500
- The Burstein Family Award: $500
- The Arthur E. Baker, Jr. Memorial Award: $400
- W.B. Romeling Memorial Fund Award: $400
- Ben Emerson Memorial: “Eye for Color” Award
- Pulsifer Award: $350
- Trails & Streams Medallion for Woodland Theme: $300
- Bradley C. Barnard Award: $300
- Exhibition Award: $300
- Finer Family Award: $300
- Friedlander Award: $300
- Gurdon & Mildred Evans Memorial Award: $300
- The Segaul Family Award: $250
- Dr. Donald & Helen Budd Burness Memorial Award: $250
- Margaret & William Foley Award: $250
- Old Forge Hardware Award: $250
- Brodock Award: $200
- Garnet Award: $200
The Adirondacks provide a source of inspiration and opportunity for artistic expression. View is dedicated to inspiring the lives of individuals visiting or residing in this magnificent natural area. It serves as a community center, a conference facility, and a venue for special events. Founded in 1951, View is a multi-arts center in Old Forge, New York, housed in facility (2011) designed for arts programming. Open year-round, View draws artists from across North America for its juried exhibitions. It shows the work of regional and local artists in the smaller galleries. Four galleries are airy and light, offering excellent viewing and display.
For more information, contact email@example.com.
Imagine is proud to announce its call for Artists In Residence 2019. Imagine is looking for artists and designers who can inspire their customers and community with amazing projects using Imagine and Tsukineko products.
Deadline: 18 Oct 2018
Imagine is looking for energetic artists to fill two different exciting roles for 2019:
Project/Tutorial Artists who create and provide up to three different projects or innovative techniques per month with complete instructions and photographs that will be featured online and in printed formats.
Video Project/Tutorial Artists who will submit two edited videos per month featuring a project and/or innovative technique which will be shared with our community.
Perks for Imaging Artist in Residence 2019
- Artwork will be featured on Imagine’s blog, social media, website, and print platforms
- Generous supply of Imagine and Tsukineko products with which to create your projects
- Involvement with product development and advanced access to new products before the public
- Supplies from Imagine’s preferred partners
- Links back to your blog or website connected to each blog post featuring your work
Imagine makes high-quality inks in a wide variety of colors, palettes, and multi-use forms to nurture their customer’s creative souls. They live to support creative work and love empowering artists. Imagine offers its own line of products as well as those of Tsukineko. This has resulted in an unequaled product line that includes inks in a huge variety of colors and tools that can be used on a variety of surfaces including paper, fabric, wood, metal, and glass. Products in the line-up include VersaMark, Memento, and StazOn inkpads and inkers as well as Memento Dual Tip Markers, Creative Medium, and Kaleidacolor sliding ink palettes.
A major part of Imagine’s commitment to their customers is to provide comprehensive, practical, and insightful information about their products, as well as providing inspiration through a wide variety of project ideas and skill-building techniques. As they learn the creative ways artists use their products, they get excited about future product development. They are committed to offering new inks, tools, and materials to give artists a no-limit approach to their work.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.