The Shops of Prairie Village announces a call for artists for the 2019 Prairie Village Art Show, not located on a prairie but in the heart of Kansas City metro area. It is celebrating its 63rd year and is the second oldest show in the city. The show is well attended and draws patrons from the entire metropolitan area. The show is small with only 100 artists from all parts of the country. This shopping area was developed by the same company that built the Country Club Plaza, location of the Plaza Art Show.
Deadline: 21 Feb 2019
2019 Prairie Village Art Show media categories include ceramics, digital, drawing, fiber, glass, jewelry, metal, 2-D mixed media, 3-D mixed media, painting – oil/acrylic, painting – watercolor, photography, printmaking, and sculpture.
- All work in every category must be original work produced by the exhibiting artist
- Work which has been produced with commercial kits, molds, patterns, plans, prefabricated forms or other commercial methods is not permitted
- Signed and numbered limited edition off set prints are allowed, can be displayed in a portfolio, may not be hung, and must be marked as “reproductions”
- Photographers must print their own photography or be involved in and supervise the printing process
- All hanging work must be suitably framed
- Portfolios are permitted for matted work
- Artists may only exhibit and sell work in media category for which they are accepted
- Non-original promotional items (postcards, photocopies, notecards, posters, and mousepads) are not permitted to be displayed or sold at show
- All jewelry must have been juried in the jewelry category
- Artists must be present to exhibit -no spouses or other representatives will be permitted in place or artists
- A picture ID is required at artist check-in
The jury committee reserves the right to refuse exhibition of work that is not consistent with submitted slides and the rules listed above. Failure to comply will result in immediate removal from fair with no refund.
2019 Prairie Village Art Show Artist Benefits
- All spaces are 10 by 10 feet
- Booths have some storage space in the back of booth
- Parking is in walking distance of show
- 24 hour security
- Booth sitters
- Artist’s lounge snacks and drinks
- Friday night wine delivered to booth
- Saturday pancake breakfast
- Saturday night dinner with wine delivered to your booth
- Van and RV parking close to show-overnight parking is allowed
- Advertised to entire metropolitan area including radio, e-blasts, television coverage, K.C. Star, and direct mail
- Awards will be given
- Winners are invited to next year’s show
About The Shops of Prairie Village
Nestled amidst one of Kansas City’s friendliest suburban neighborhoods and just a short drive southwest of the Country Club Plaza, find the shops, restaurants. and stores of The Village. Enjoy a shopping experience unique to Kansas City.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.