Renaissance Photography Prize 2017 is an international award in its 10th year. It is open to all photographers and intent on discovering the best of contemporary photography.
Deadline: 26 Jun 2017
The annual prize discovers talent and celebrates the best in photography. It gives image makers access to new opportunities and a world-wide audience for their work.
Single image categories include Life, Identity, and Border. Series categories are open/no theme.
Entering gives photographers the chance to have their work seen by a panel of some of the industry’s most influential photography critics.
Renaissance Photography Prize 2017 Judges 2017
- Melissa DeWitt – Editor-in-Chief, HOTSHOE
- Gem Fletcher – Senior Art Director, Getty Images
- Clare Grafik – Head of Exhibitions, The Photographers’ Gallery
- Marloes Krijnen – Founder and Director, FOAM, Amsterdam
- Dewi Lewis – Founder, Dewi Lewis Publishing
- Fiona Rogers – Global Business Development Manager, Magnum Photos International
- Simon Roberts – Photographer
- Fiona Shields – Picture Editor, The Guardian and Head of Photography, Guardian News & Media
The award offers over £5,000 in prizes plus valuable professional support and mentoring. Sixty selected finalists will be exhibited in a leading Central London gallery.
All profit from entry fees is donated to The Lavender Trust at Breast Cancer Care, UK, a charity that supports younger women affected by the disease. Currently, one third of the Lavender Trust’s annual funding comes from the Renaissance Photography Prize.
About Renaissance Photography Prize
Renaissance Photography Prize is an international award that showcases outstanding photography from emerging and established photographers while raising funds to support young women with breast cancer. It was founded in 2007 by Fiona Gifford following her diagnosis with breast cancer at the age of 34. Since then it has raised over £250,000 for the Lavender Trust at Breast Cancer Care.
For more information, contact email@example.com.