[Sponsored Listing] Michigan Medicine announces a call for artists for the Gifts of Art Program, solo and group art exhibits for the September 2022 to August 2023 exhibition year. One of the first and most comprehensive arts in healthcare programs in the nation, the Gifts of Art Program brings the world of art and music to Michigan Medicine at the University of Michigan.
The University’s nine 2-D and 3-D galleries throughout the medical center are viewed by approximately 10,000 people a day and display over 30 exhibits a year.
Enter by: 16 Jun 2022
The Gifts of Art Program’s rotating gallery is intended to support the healing process by calming nerves, lifting spirits, and engaging minds; thereby, reducing stress and anxiety often associated with healthcare settings. During times of stress and illness, the arts have the power to nurture and engage. Gifts of Art Programs utilize the arts to assist and enhance the healing process, reduce stress, support human dignity, and renew the spirit. With large patient, staff, and visitor populations that are diverse in every way imaginable, Michigan Medicine strives to be inclusive and honor this diversity by mounting exhibits that reflect today’s world. This non-traditional venue provides a unique opportunity for exhibiting artists.
About Michigan Medicine
Michigan Medicine is home to one of the largest health care complexes in Michigan. It has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the Medical School first opened in 1850.
Mission: To advance health to serve Michigan and the world.
Vision: Discoveries change care; care changes lives.
- Caring: I will treat everyone with dignity, kindness and respect, promoting the well-being of self and others.
- Innovation: I will promote a culture of creativity, flexibility and curiosity that inspires new ideas and ways of thinking, behaving and improving the world.
- Inclusion: I will foster an environment where every individual has a sense of belonging, a voice that is heard, and the opportunity to achieve and thrive.
- Integrity: I will adhere to the highest ethical standards, demonstrating courage, truth and transparency in my words and actions.
- Teamwork: We will work together with a shared purpose rooted in equity and fairness where diversity is celebrated, respected and valued.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.