[Sponsored Listing] Rochester Contemporary Art Center’s (RoCo) announces a call for artists for 6x6x2021, an international small art phenomenon returning for its 14th year. This exhibition will be installed and have normal gallery hours this year. Each year, 6×6 has grown and included thousands of artworks from around the world and every US State. This year RoCo hopes to reach deeper into the global art community. This includes obtaining artwork from more national and international artists and celebrities. The consistently high caliber of artworks each year has been astounding.
Deadline: 10 Apr 2021
6x6x2021 is made up of thousands of original artworks, made and donated by celebrities, international and local artists, designers, and youth. Each artist may enter up to three artworks of any medium (2D or 3D). Artworks must be six inches square and signed only on the back, to be exhibited anonymously. Participation is free. All artworks will be exhibited and for sale to the public for $20 each to benefit RoCo. Artists’ names will be revealed to the buyer upon purchase. All artworks remain on display through July 18. Limit three artworks per school group (no limit for colleges).
- Postmarked deadline: International by April 2 / U.S. by April 12
- Global online preview begins: May 14 at 10am
- In-gallery preview: May 31 – June 4
- Virtual opening and artwork sale : June 5
- Global online purchasing begins: June 8
- Sold out artists’ names revealed online: July 2
- Purchased artwork pick-up: July 18 – 21
- Exhibition dates: June 5 – July 18, 2021
About Rochester Contemporary Art Center
Rochester Contemporary Art Center is a venue for the exchange of ideas and a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) that was founded in 1977. As a center for thoughtful contemporary art, RoCo provides unique encounters for audiences and extraordinary opportunities for artists.
To suport this Mission RoCo:
- Offers thoughtful contemporary art programming of all disciplines
- Supports and exhibits artists who address pressing issues through their work
- Presents the work of both renowned and emerging artists from New York State and beyond
- Provides exhibition, educational, and networking opportunities for artists
- Actively seeks unique voices and new audiences from diverse backgrounds
- Initiated and administers First Friday Citywide Gallery Night for the City of Rochester
- Fosters collaborative partnerships with other arts organizations and artists
- Builds community by bringing artists, patrons, students, teachers, and enthusiasts together
- Is a gathering place for artists, audiences, and the local community
- Is a neighborhood anchor for artistic activity and unique encounters in downtown Rochester
For more information, contact email@example.com.