[Side Arts Certified Sponsored Listing] Boomer Gallery announces an invitation to creators across all visual arts disciplines: The Boomer Art Prize. The gallery welcomes wholeheartedly passionate artists from both local and international backgrounds to submit their artwork. The gallery welcomes all artists, whether emerging or established, to share their unique voices and visions. The gallery’s quest is to discover diverse creativity from all corners of the world.
Enter by: 25 September 2023
For a nominal fee of only £35, submit three of your artworks to The Boomer Art Prize. Each additional artwork beyond the initial three adds a cost of just £10.
Artists of any country, age, and background can apply. Submit works that have been previously exhibited or published. There are no thematic limitations. 2D works should not exceed 230×230 cm. 3D artwork (sculptures, installations) should not be bigger than 230 cm high and 150 cm wide on any side. Apply with a minimum of 3 works and a maximum of 5.
- The 50 preselected artists will be listed on the Boomer Gallery website on October 10, 2023
- The jury will meet and select the 20 winners of the competition on October 20, 2023
- The final results will be available on the Boomer Gallery website on October 22, 2023
The gallery does not contact each artist applicant individually regarding the open call results. Check the gallery’s website on October 22, 2023, to see the results. The 50 preselected artists will be contacted individually.
- Anthony Fawcett: Esteemed art critic and historian known for his extensive collaborations with globally-renowned artists. His illustrious career boasts of interactions with icons such as Man Ray, John Lennon, Yoko Ono, and Andy Warhol, and his guidance in the “Anthony Fawcett Archive” project with the Tate Gallery.
- Tabish Khan: An art critic specializing in London’s art scene, Tabish is the visual arts editor for Londonist. He regularly contributes to Culture Whisper and writes for FAD’s “What’s Wrong With Art?” series. His dedication to supporting artists is displayed in his trustee roles at ArtCan and City & Guilds London Art School.
- Constantin Cosmin: An internationally acclaimed visual artist and co-founder of Boomer Gallery. As an editor at Boomer Magazine and a featured artist on Artsy, Constantin offers a unique perspective to the panel, drawing from his extensive firsthand experience in the art world.
The Boomer Art Prize Artist Benefits
Successful applicants will receive £10,000 in cash awards and exhibition opportunities in an iconic gallery space near Tower Bridge, London.
- 1st place – £5,000 and a solo show
- 2nd place – £3,000 and inclusion in two group shows
- 3rd place – £2,000 and inclusion in one group shows
- 4th to 20th place winners – included in one of the group shows
Cash awards will be paid to the winners within 48 hours after validating the votes. All 20 winners will be contacted individually regarding exhibition dates, delivery, and other details. The solo show is planned for January 2024, but the exact dates will be mutually agreed upon between the gallery and the winner of the 1st place. The group show is scheduled for November 2023. All winners will be contacted individually at least three weeks in advance. Should any of the winners wish to attend the show in person but face visa restrictions, the gallery will provide a letter of recommendation. This letter will be stamped and signed by both the gallery and the three esteemed judges of this grand competition.
About Boomer Gallery
Boomer Gallery is a unique platform for artists around the world, standing out for its diverse showcase of talent and remarkable curation led by art critic and historian Anthony Fawcett. The gallery transcends cultural boundaries, bringing to light emerging artistic gems and providing them a global stage.
The gallery is committed to promoting artistic expression in all its forms and facilitating the growth and recognition of artists. They do more than just host exhibitions, they catalyze artists’ journeys and create a ripple effect of creativity and innovation in the global art community – a unique blend of support, exposure, and reward.
For more information, contact email@example.com.