[Sponsored Listing] Independent & Image Art Space (Chongqing, China) announces a call for artists for an online exhibition open call with the theme of “Rewrite Reality”. Our lives are being rewritten almost every day. All kinds of inventions and new technologies are rapidly produced on a daily basis and are continuously applied to human life. It is even more obvious now when the pandemic continues to spread. As many people have to stay at home, virtual experiences such as online shopping, online chatting, and video conferencing become a major life trend quickly, giving resolutions to people’s problems. The vaccination that we call for is becoming a reality in 2021, bringing hope to overcome the disease.
Can the rewriting of these lifestyles make human beings happier? How does our mind adapt to the life that is constantly being rewritten? Faced with the continually changing world, will the expectations for the future be rewritten accordingly? Under the expectation-satisfaction cycle, can human beings be truly satisfied, or just live as an insatiable desire machine?
Deadline: 10 Mar 2021
There is no limit on the art medium, size, year of production, artist age, or nationality, but the submitted works should respond to the exhibition theme “Rewrite Reality”.
Exhibition Dates: March 20, 2021 – April 17, 2021
Selection Notification: March 15, 2021
Selected Rewrite Reality Artists Win:
- Artworks show at an online virtual exhibition
- Chinese-English bilingual online feature on the Independent & Image Art Space website
- Chinese-English bilingual digital catalog to be published on ISSUU and widely promoted
- Showcase the selected works on the internationally influential art platform: ARTLAND
- Chinese-English bilingual artist promotion on popular Chinese social media: WeChat Public Account, Art Express App and ZAIYI App, on the platform: MEDIUM, and on international social media Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook
- Priority to further events, including offline exhibitions in Independent & Image Art Space’s Chongqing space, art projects, art fairs in China and internationally, and other art events
About Independent & Image Art Space
Founded in 2008, Independent & Image Art Space is located in 501 Art Base, which is the most important art zone in Chongqing, next door to one of China’s top art university — Sichuan Fine Arts Institute.
Independent & Image Art Space has been paying close attention to the development of Chinese and international contemporary art. With an open attitude towards the global art scene and unique art vision, Independent & Image Art Space endeavors to participate in the practices of Chinese contemporary art development, especially to improve a deeper understanding of contemporary art in our society.
During the years, Independent & Image Art Space has held numerous solo and group exhibitions for artists and international cultural exchange events, displaying the artworks of photography, painting, sculpture, installation, and new media art. During the exhibitions, they present related thematic lectures, seminars, and workshops.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Independent & Image Art Space announces a call for artists for World Contemporary Photography Archive Exhibition I, a new non-profit art project.
Deadline: 30 Dec 2016
Starting from an internationally multi-cultural perspective, this project aims to catch the frontiers of contemporary photography art worldwide and present, exhibit, and archive the outstanding contemporary photography artists and their works in current times. The goal is to create a rich content, academically valuable archive with long-lasting efforts. World Contemporary Photography Archive will help the Chinese society get more and deeper understanding of contemporary photography art, enhance the communication of contemporary photography art between China and the world, and provide valuable research resources for contemporary photography academics study. Coinciding with the World Contemporary Photography Archive, Independent & Image Art Space will host a series of art educational activities, making more people feel the charm of contemporary photography art.
World Contemporary Photography Archive Exhibition I will organize through an open call to internationally artists with no limit of theme, nationality, or age. Independent & Image Art Space will select the works to exhibit from all submissions. All the selected works and artists’ profile will be published on the Independent & Image Art Space website.
- The selected works will be printed and framed by Independent & Image Art Space and exhibited at World Contemporary Photography Archive Exhibition I.
- After the exhibition, Independent & Image Art Space will collect the works free of charge and exhibit the collected contemporary photographic works on a regular basis.
- Independent & Image Art Space plans to publish related catalogs and art documentary books to systematize the documents and materials in the World Contemporary Photography Archive.
About Independent & Image Art Space
Independent & Image Art Space is located in 501 Art Base, Jiulongpo District Chongqing (China), which is the most mature and important art zone in Chongqing, next door to the old campus of Sichuan Fine Arts Institute, one of China’s top art universities. Since the foundation, Independent & Image Art Space has been paying close attention to the development of Chinese contemporary art, especially the contemporary photography art. It has presented numerous exhibitions of contemporary photography and related lectures, seminars, and salon activities. It actively promotes and takes part in the academic study, promotion, and education of contemporary photography art in China. Now Independent & Image Art Space has become one of the most important platform of contemporary photography art communication in China’s Southwest area.
For more information, contact email@example.com.