The Mauser Harmony with Nature Foundation announces a call for artists for the EcoHouse Artist Residency, Costa Rica. Strengthen your mind, body, and spirit by immersing yourself in nature. Let the clean water, air, and sunshine be your medicine. The residency is a luxurious 6,000 sq. ft. Spanish Villa that sits on 1.5 acres of land. It is located within a small community in the mountains. Surrounding it is the jungle, breathtaking views, and miles of dirt roads and trails to meander, run, hike, and explore. There is a family owned restaurant, Mirador Donde Andrés, with delicious food a 20 minute walk away.
Click here for the application / registration
Deadline: 20 Jul 2020
- 2 private rooms, each with matrimonial bed and private bathroom
- 1 communal bedroom with 2 XL bunk beds (pillow top mattresses), attached large bathroom with Jacuzzi
- Beds made by local artisan from wood repurposed from fallen trees
- Natural cooling in each bedroom provided by ceiling fans
- Covered wrap around veranda provides artists with 2 hammocks for relaxing, reflecting, or meditating in the cool evening jungle breeze
- Main Studio 20 ft x 22 ft with up to 4 spaces available with natural light and large wooden doors with view to backyard gardens
- Open air studios on covered veranda overlooking jungle
- Writer’s private room studio with desk and chair, matrimonial bed, and attached bathroom facing a butterfly garden
Duration of residency: 2 weeks to 3 months (longer stays available on approval)
Cost: $18-56 a day depending on length of stay and shared or private room
Included in cost:
- Shuttle service to and from airport (SJO)
- Free wi-fi, weekly maid service, and fully equipped community kitchen
- Continental self-serve breakfast Monday through Friday
- Prepared gourmet vegetarian meal at 5 pm Monday through Friday
- Trips to the grocery store, local fruit/vegetable stands, and Farmer’s Markets
- A variety of power tools, drills, electric saws, wrenches, screw drivers, machetes, and a Dremel available for use
Artists bring needed supplies for their projects. Mauser Foundation will be happy to help facilitate an order and pick up. Please be sure to give ample notice.
Mauser Foundation welcomes applicants from all races, cultures, and lifestyles. No fee to apply.
EcoHouse Artist Residency Artist Benefits
The EcoHouse Artist Residency is the perfect place for all types of nature loving artists to come get healthy and be creative.
The program focuses on furnishing artists with healthy gourmet delicious vegetarian meals (breakfast and dinner 5 days a week with ingredients that are either grown on site or locally and sustainably sourced), comfortable and beautiful accommodations, ample work space, and serene surroundings so that individual or group projects can can flourish.
You will be surrounded by dozens of different species of birds, butterflies, insects, flowers, and plants. It is common to have toucans, scarlet macaws, monkeys, coatis, and sloths pass through. There is a stream that runs through the lower half of the property. Phenomenal sunrises and sunsets and marvelous natural light all day.
The yard is filled with edible fruits like plantains, papayas, and lemons. There is a working greenhouse. Produce and herbs are grown on site. Help yourself! There is lemongrass, mint, stevia, holy, and purple basil to name a few.
Heather, our on-site artist and EcoHouse Coordinator welcomes and delights in giving tours of the property’ sustainable features including the medicinal and tropical plants.
There is a library of books at the residency to learn about permaculture, sustainability, and Costa Rican wildlife and plants.
Mauser Foundation plans trips to the beach, Manuel Antonio National Park, Monkey Mangrove Tour, Cacao Farms, waterfalls (including Rainmaker), cloud forests, volcanos, and nature reserves (available for an additional cost).
About Mauser Harmony with Nature Foundation
The program at the Mauser EcoHouse is all about providing a beautiful, tranquil, and inspirational space where artists can immerse themselves in their individual projects. Artists are encouraged to be self directed and pursue their own creative ideas.
Some specifics about Costa Rica:
- Costa Rica hosts more than 5% of the world’s biodiversity even though its landmass only takes up .03% of the planet’s surface.
- There are 801 miles of coastline in Costa Rica.
- Costa Rica is one of the most valued environmental destinations. Approximately 25% of the country has protected forests and reserves.
The Mauser Harmony with Nature Foundation is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization committed to improving the quality of life on the planet. They believe it is possible to find a harmonious balance between technology and nature.
For more information, contact email@example.com