Announcing a call for artists for the East Lansing Art Festival 2019. Established in 1964, the festival is an evolving outdoor celebration featuring fine artists, exceptional musicians, artist demos, children’s art activities, poetry, and delicious food. The festival offers community members an opportunity to learn directly about the artistic process from the artist and purchase one of a kind original pieces of art. The festival strives to introduce the next generation of art lovers by introducing children to interesting arts activities and experiences. The Emerging Artist program contributes to the next generation of exhibiting artists by providing space and mentorship to artists new to the festival circuit. Each of these endeavors fosters an atmosphere of art appreciation and a weekend of fun.
Deadline: 31 Jan 2019
Exhibitors at the East Lansing Art Festival 2019 can expect:
- Well-educated visitors including professionals from the state government and university
- Friendly volunteers who welcome artists and make load-in and load-out run smoothly
- Booth sitting services
- Friday set-up at booth location
- Free artist parking
- Over $6000 in artist awards – all award winners are exempt from jury for the following three consecutive festivals
- Saturday morning coffee
- Artist reception
- Affiliation with local public TV and radio – bringing the right people to you
- Eclectic live music that enhances the art rather than distracts from it
- International flavors in a unique food court
- Hands-on arts education area for children and families
- A festive mood – this is the kickoff of the local festival season in Michigan
About the East Lansing Art Festival
In its 56th year, the East Lansing Art Festival is a well-established fine art and fine craft show that attracts artists from all over the country. As a May event, the festival leads the way into the summer art festival season in Michigan. The festival got its start when a group of artists set up their art on the main street of the downtown. The Festival has grown and evolved into a two day festival produced by a volunteer Board of Directors and two part-time staff. With amenities like complementary promotional postcards, Friday drive-up load-in at booth assignment, Saturday morning coffee and donuts, booth sitters, free artist parking, and upwards of 60,000 weekend visitors, the festival provides an exceptional artist experience.
For more information, contact email@example.com.