[Sponsored Listing] The Pocono Arts Council announces a call for artists for the Earth Speaks VII Exhibition: April 19 – May 28, 2021. Opening Reception: Saturday, April 24, 2021. Art has always been a powerful tool for expressing ideas and feelings about issues of concern. The Earth Speaks VII is a regional open call for a juried exhibit in the Dunning Art Gallery at Northampton Community College, Monroe Campus (Tannersville, PA) in April 2021.
Deadline: 5 Mar 2021
Artists from the following states are invited to enter: ME, NH, VT, MA, CT, RI, NY, NJ, PA, VA, MD, DE, DC.
The Earth Speaks is an artist’s means of capturing their concern regarding the climate crisis and how it affects our planet, as well as an opportunity to offer possible solutions. The Earth Speaks has been one of the premiere exhibitions over the last five years and continues to grow.
Through art and creative expression, the exhibit will shine a light on:
- Man-made issues that pose a threat to our planet (litter, global warming, pesticides, GMOs, water pollution, overfishing, deforestation, fracking)
- Environmental disasters (tsunamis, hurricanes, oil spills, smog, nuclear meltdowns)
- Ideas for solutions (solar and wind energy, biofuels, reduced carbon footprint, recycling, tree planting, organic farming)
Earth Speaks VII Awards
$1,000 in awards are available in a variety of mediums including 2-D, 3-D, Photography, and Printmaking (All awards are cash). Students are encouraged to enter. Student ID required.
- Juror’s Choice Award: $250 3-D Award: $100
- Kay & Girard Lichty Climate Crisis Award: $250 2-D Award: $100
- Otto Grever Printmaking Award: $100
- Photography Award: $100
- Origins Student Award: $50
About Pocono Arts Council
Founded in 1975, the Pocono Arts Council is the oldest and most established local arts service organization in the Pocono region of northeastern Pennsylvania. It serves as a “Chamber of Commerce” or umbrella organization for artists and arts organization in all disciplines, as well as the resident and tourist populations of the area. Its motto, Culture Builds Community, highlights Pocono Arts mission of art service, promotion, education, and advocacy. To date, over $2 million in arts grants have been provided to a 5 county area.
For more information, contact email@example.com.