[Sponsored Listing] Independent & Image Art Space (Chongqing, China) announces a call for artists for an online exhibition open call with the theme of “Rewrite Reality”. Our lives are being rewritten almost every day. All kinds of inventions and new technologies are rapidly produced on a daily basis and are continuously applied to human life. It is even more obvious now when the pandemic continues to spread. As many people have to stay at home, virtual experiences such as online shopping, online chatting, and video conferencing become a major life trend quickly, giving resolutions to people’s problems. The vaccination that we call for is becoming a reality in 2021, bringing hope to overcome the disease.
Can the rewriting of these lifestyles make human beings happier? How does our mind adapt to the life that is constantly being rewritten? Faced with the continually changing world, will the expectations for the future be rewritten accordingly? Under the expectation-satisfaction cycle, can human beings be truly satisfied, or just live as an insatiable desire machine?
Deadline: 10 Mar 2021
There is no limit on the art medium, size, year of production, artist age, or nationality, but the submitted works should respond to the exhibition theme “Rewrite Reality”.
Exhibition Dates: March 20, 2021 – April 17, 2021
Selection Notification: March 15, 2021
Selected Rewrite Reality Artists Win:
- Artworks show at an online virtual exhibition
- Chinese-English bilingual online feature on the Independent & Image Art Space website
- Chinese-English bilingual digital catalog to be published on ISSUU and widely promoted
- Showcase the selected works on the internationally influential art platform: ARTLAND
- Chinese-English bilingual artist promotion on popular Chinese social media: WeChat Public Account, Art Express App and ZAIYI App, on the platform: MEDIUM, and on international social media Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook
- Priority to further events, including offline exhibitions in Independent & Image Art Space’s Chongqing space, art projects, art fairs in China and internationally, and other art events
About Independent & Image Art Space
Founded in 2008, Independent & Image Art Space is located in 501 Art Base, which is the most important art zone in Chongqing, next door to one of China’s top art university — Sichuan Fine Arts Institute.
Independent & Image Art Space has been paying close attention to the development of Chinese and international contemporary art. With an open attitude towards the global art scene and unique art vision, Independent & Image Art Space endeavors to participate in the practices of Chinese contemporary art development, especially to improve a deeper understanding of contemporary art in our society.
During the years, Independent & Image Art Space has held numerous solo and group exhibitions for artists and international cultural exchange events, displaying the artworks of photography, painting, sculpture, installation, and new media art. During the exhibitions, they present related thematic lectures, seminars, and workshops.
For more information, contact email@example.com.