East Lansing Art Festival 2018 announces a call for artists for the May 19-20, 2018, mid-Michigan event featuring fine art, live local music, children’s educational art activities, live artist demos, poetry readings, and an international-style food court in Downtown East Lansing, Michigan.
Deadline: 31 Jan 2018
East Lansing is a charming university town with a variety of shops, restaurants, and galleries. The beautiful Michigan State University campus is across the street. It is home to the renowned Eli & Edythe Broad Art Museum. The East Lansing Art Festival is ranked #38 by Sunshine Artist magazine’s 100 best fine art shows.
Exhibitors at the East Lansing Art Festival 2018 can expect
- Well-educated visitors including professionals from the state government and university
- Friendly volunteers who welcome artists and make load-in and load-out run smoothly
- Booth sitting services
- Friday set-up
- Free artist parking
- Saturday morning coffee
- Artist reception and award ceremony
- Affiliation with local public TV and radio – bringing the right people to you
- Eclectic live music that enhances the art rather than distracts from it
- International flavors in a unique food court
- Hands-on arts education area for children and families
- A festive mood – this is the kickoff of the local festival season in Michigan
About The East Lansing Art Festival
Established in 1964, the East Lansing Art Festival is an evolving outdoor celebration featuring fine artists, exceptional musicians, artist demos, children’s art activities, poetry, and delicious food. The festival offers community members an opportunity to learn about the artistic process directly from the artist and purchase one of a kind original pieces of art. The festival strives to introduce the next generation of art lovers by introducing children to interesting arts activities and experiences. The Emerging Artist program also contributes to the next generation of exhibiting artists by providing space and mentorship to artists new to the festival circuit. Each of these endeavors fosters an atmosphere of art appreciation and a weekend of fun.
For more information, contact email@example.com.