[Sponsored Listing] The Lubeznik Center for the Arts (LCA) announces a call for artists for the 2021 Lubeznik Arts Festival. The festival will take place August 21 and 22 in Michigan City, Indiana. This popular festival is currently in its 40th year. It is one of the highlights of summer in Northwest Indiana. It takes place on LCA’s grounds to connect festivalgoers to the organization’s dynamic programming and exhibitions. LCA’s summer blockbuster Bramson / Indiana / Lake will show works by Phyllis Bramson, Robert Indiana, and Mayumi Lake.
Click here for the application / registration
Deadline: 5 Apr 2021
Artists must submit 4 images of their work. LCA selects individual fine artists and fine crafters through a jury process. Additionally, LCA’s galleries will be available for use by regional galleries or artists that represent the best in emerging contemporary art. LCA anticipates 85 exhibitors in total. The festival is extensively marketed via social media, radio, TV, print, and promotional signage.
LCA has taken precautions like their partners at other nonprofit agencies, museums, and schools. They support face to face distancing and all sanitary guidelines that are recommended. If the festival is cancelled due to health concerns and/or government guidelines, LCA will return all entry fees to artists promptly.
Lubeznik Arts Festival Artist Benefits
- Best in Show: $1,000
- 1st Place Artist: $500
- 1st Place Artisan: $500
- Neil Kienitz Award for Representational Art: $250
- Juror’s Awards (3): $250
Exhibitor amenities include:
- Parking – Designated parking areas for artists are located adjacent to LCA property.
- Hospitality – Complimentary water and snacks are provided during Friday setup and throughout the festival.
- Indoor restrooms will be accessible during setup and festival hours, in addition to portable restrooms outside.
- Security – Security guards will be onsite both Friday and Saturday nights.
- Booth Sitters – Volunteers will be available Saturday and Sunday to provide short relief breaks for exhibitors.
- Art purchase pick-up service is available for patrons at Office Trailer/Entrance
About Lubeznik Center for the Arts
The Lubeznik Center for the Arts offers world-class art, compelling programs, and creative exploration to foster community through meaningful cultural experiences. LCA is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit located in Michigan City, Indiana. They strive to ensure that everyone in the community receives equal access to high quality cultural experiences. LCA’s Gallery Shop provides a one-of-a-kind shopping destination and an opportunity for hundreds of artisans and craftsmen to sell their work. The shop offers pieces from whimsical to elegant at every price point. During the winter season, hundreds of items spill over into the lobby for the Holiday Artisan Market. Almost all the items are handmade in the USA. All proceeds benefit LCA programs and activities.
For more information, contact email@example.com.