MOXI, The Wolf Museum of Exploration + Innovation, announces a call for artists for their exhibitions 2020. This call represents MOXI’s second open application for artists and art collectives to propose works. For reference, recent artworks have incorporated elements such as Kinect-based body interaction, camera-based interaction, virtual reality, and augmented reality. The design language of MOXI invites visitors to interact fully.
Deadline: 15 June 2019
As part of the exhibitions 2020 application process, artists are asked to submit a three paragraph exhibit proposal summary for either one or two exhibits. The summary can include up to two embedded images in the PDF. It should include an estimated total budget. Budgets can be up to $10,000, inclusive of all artist fees, travel, hardware, software fabrication, and installation costs. For the current application, budget detail is not required. Details of budget will come in the second phase.
The review committee will select artists that best meet the requirements based on the submitted information. The following criteria will be examined:
- Quality of the artist’s past work, both aesthetic and technical, as represented by the media submissions
- Experience of the artist in creating interactive artworks
- Experience of the artist in successfully designing, fabricating, and completing public artworks that are highly durable and robust – on time and within budget
- The artist’s training, education, and artist statement
- Quality of the proposed interactive exhibit and alignment with MOXI’s mission and audience
MOXI, The Wolf Museum of Exploration and Innovation, opened in Santa Barbara, CA in early 2017. In its first year it welcomed over 175,000 visitors. MOXI’s mission is to ignite learning through interactive experiences in science and creativity. The museum has garnered numerous accolades, including being listed by Fodor’s Travel as one of the top ten new museums in the world. MOXI’s three floors are filled with interactive and hands-on exhibits and experiences. MOXI believes in the importance of art and creativity. Supporting that belief, it has dedicated two museum spaces to rotating three-month interactive media artworks. These spaces are the Interactive Media Theater and the Bridge (Simms/Mann Family Foundation Bridge).
For more information, contact email@example.com.