[Side Arts Certified Sponsored Listing] The Memorial Art Gallery of the University of Rochester (MAG) announces a call for artists for the M&T Bank Clothesline Festival, the gallery’s largest annual fundraiser and its biggest celebration of the arts for more than 60 years. Over 375 artists from across the country offer their work for purchase at this juried, two-day festival that takes place on the beautiful grounds of Rochester’s art museum in the Neighborhood of the Arts.
Click here for the application / registration
Register by: 30 April 2023
Rochester’s largest and longest-running fine arts festival continues to evolve. Originating as a New York State only artist festival, Clothesline has expanded in recent years to welcome artists from across the country. MAG charges a $7 admission fee for adults and is free for children under the age of 12. (Members’ pricing is $6 for adults.) M&T Bank Clothesline Festival shoppers are drawn from Rochester and surrounding markets. Clothesline is the place to experience all-day live entertainment, sample food from some of Rochester’s favorite food trucks and vendors, enjoy free family art activities, and visit the museum.
About The Memorial Art Gallery of the University of Rochester
A visit to the Memorial Art Gallery is a journey through more than 5,000 years of art history. From the relics of antiquity to works in the vanguard of contemporary practice, MAG offers a panorama of the world’s art. The 14-acre campus is a spectacular public art space that is a popular destination for Rochesterians and out-of-town visitors alike.
MAG’s permanent collection of more than 12,000 objects has been called “the best balanced in the state outside of metropolitan New York City.” In addition to its collection, the museum offers a year-round schedule of temporary exhibitions, lectures, concerts, tours, and family activities.
Through art, MAG connects people, inspires fun, and ignites discovery.
As the center of the conversation on creativity, MAG builds community and enriches the way we see ourselves and the world around us.
For more information, contact email@example.com.
[Sponsored Listing] Rochester Contemporary Art Center’s (RoCo) announces a call for artists for 6x6x2021, an international small art phenomenon returning for its 14th year. This exhibition will be installed and have normal gallery hours this year. Each year, 6×6 has grown and included thousands of artworks from around the world and every US State. This year RoCo hopes to reach deeper into the global art community. This includes obtaining artwork from more national and international artists and celebrities. The consistently high caliber of artworks each year has been astounding.
Click here for the application / registration
Deadline: 10 Apr 2021
6x6x2021 is made up of thousands of original artworks, made and donated by celebrities, international and local artists, designers, and youth. Each artist may enter up to three artworks of any medium (2D or 3D). Artworks must be six inches square and signed only on the back, to be exhibited anonymously. Participation is free. All artworks will be exhibited and for sale to the public for $20 each to benefit RoCo. Artists’ names will be revealed to the buyer upon purchase. All artworks remain on display through July 18. Limit three artworks per school group (no limit for colleges).
- Postmarked deadline: International by April 2 / U.S. by April 12
- Global online preview begins: May 14 at 10am
- In-gallery preview: May 31 – June 4
- Virtual opening and artwork sale : June 5
- Global online purchasing begins: June 8
- Sold out artists’ names revealed online: July 2
- Purchased artwork pick-up: July 18 – 21
- Exhibition dates: June 5 – July 18, 2021
About Rochester Contemporary Art Center
Rochester Contemporary Art Center is a venue for the exchange of ideas and a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) that was founded in 1977. As a center for thoughtful contemporary art, RoCo provides unique encounters for audiences and extraordinary opportunities for artists.
To suport this Mission RoCo:
- Offers thoughtful contemporary art programming of all disciplines
- Supports and exhibits artists who address pressing issues through their work
- Presents the work of both renowned and emerging artists from New York State and beyond
- Provides exhibition, educational, and networking opportunities for artists
- Actively seeks unique voices and new audiences from diverse backgrounds
- Initiated and administers First Friday Citywide Gallery Night for the City of Rochester
- Fosters collaborative partnerships with other arts organizations and artists
- Builds community by bringing artists, patrons, students, teachers, and enthusiasts together
- Is a gathering place for artists, audiences, and the local community
- Is a neighborhood anchor for artistic activity and unique encounters in downtown Rochester
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.