Make Your Call To Action Stand Out: Get Qualified Artists to Apply
Calls for artists are most effective when they include a single call to action. A call to action is what you want an artist or crafter to do. It can include clicking a link, opening a document, looking at a picture, or leaving a comment.
Side Arts includes a call to action after the first paragraph of text in each call for artists promotion. It is usually stated as, “Click here for the application / registration.”
Having clear language, consistent wording, and uncluttered formatting encourages qualified artists to apply.
- Clear language helps the artist understand what you want them to do. Be direct. For example, “Click here to apply.”
- Use consistent working. Avoid alternating the text in a single promotion between application, registration, order form, and so on.
- Uncluttered formatting draws the readers eye to what you want them to do. Avoid small links which may be easy to miss.
Call To Action Formatting Tips
The best format is a single hyperlink to an application near the top of the page. Buttons and alternate text formatting/colors are helpful as well. This is proven to be the clearest format and most effective for attracting qualified applicants.
Digital application links are preferred, rather than submissions via email addresses because they streamline the process for the artist and client.
There are many good reasons for using digital applications:
- A consistent format allows participants to be more comfortable which increases application rates of qualified artists.
- Click-through rates can be tracked, proving effectiveness.
- Unique content creation optimizes Google ranking and SEO, adding to a listing’s visibility.
Looking for more tips, check out Side Arts’ official guide, How To Write A Call For Artists.