[Side Arts Certified Sponsored Listing] Oil Painters of America (OPA) announces a call for artists for the 33rd National Exhibition of Traditional Oils, to be held April 5 – May 31, 2024, at Mark Arts, Wichita, Kansas, exhibited in the Gladys and Karl T. Wiedemann Gallery. Artists eligible to compete are citizens – both natural born or otherwise – of the continent of North America who are 2024 OPA members.
Apply by: 12 January 2024
The entry fee is $35 for one, $50 for two, and $60 for three; only one may be accepted. Maximum size limitation 1,200 sq in.
The juror for the National Exhibition of Traditional Oils will be Sherrie McGraw OPAM. The acceptance list will be announced on 2/6/2024.
OPA will offer a $25,000 cash Best in Show award with total exhibition award amount $100,000 in cash and merchandise. This show will be promoted in nationwide art magazines such as American Art Collector, International Artists Magazine, Southwest Art, Fine Art Connoisseur, and Art of the West. Collectors from around the country have been invited to preview the show before it is open to the public. Becoming a member of OPA opens the door to virtual learning from some of the country’s top artists, multiple exhibition opportunities throughout the year, exclusive deals and discounts on quality art supplies and advertising plus networking with Master Artists.
About Oil Painters of America
OPA is one of the top art organizations in North America with over 3,600 members ranging from student to Master Signature members. Dedicated to preserving and promoting excellence in representational art, Oil Painters of America’s primary mission is to advance the cause of traditional, representational fine art by drawing attention to the lasting value of fine drawing, color, composition, and the appreciation of light.
Through national and regional shows, educational programs, scholarships and marketing efforts, OPA has become a leader in the art community and a driving force in the new Renaissance.
For more information, contact email@example.com
The Shops of Prairie Village announces a call for artists for the 2019 Prairie Village Art Show, not located on a prairie but in the heart of Kansas City metro area. It is celebrating its 63rd year and is the second oldest show in the city. The show is well attended and draws patrons from the entire metropolitan area. The show is small with only 100 artists from all parts of the country. This shopping area was developed by the same company that built the Country Club Plaza, location of the Plaza Art Show.
Deadline: 21 Feb 2019
2019 Prairie Village Art Show media categories include ceramics, digital, drawing, fiber, glass, jewelry, metal, 2-D mixed media, 3-D mixed media, painting – oil/acrylic, painting – watercolor, photography, printmaking, and sculpture.
- All work in every category must be original work produced by the exhibiting artist
- Work which has been produced with commercial kits, molds, patterns, plans, prefabricated forms or other commercial methods is not permitted
- Signed and numbered limited edition off set prints are allowed, can be displayed in a portfolio, may not be hung, and must be marked as “reproductions”
- Photographers must print their own photography or be involved in and supervise the printing process
- All hanging work must be suitably framed
- Portfolios are permitted for matted work
- Artists may only exhibit and sell work in media category for which they are accepted
- Non-original promotional items (postcards, photocopies, notecards, posters, and mousepads) are not permitted to be displayed or sold at show
- All jewelry must have been juried in the jewelry category
- Artists must be present to exhibit -no spouses or other representatives will be permitted in place or artists
- A picture ID is required at artist check-in
The jury committee reserves the right to refuse exhibition of work that is not consistent with submitted slides and the rules listed above. Failure to comply will result in immediate removal from fair with no refund.
2019 Prairie Village Art Show Artist Benefits
- All spaces are 10 by 10 feet
- Booths have some storage space in the back of booth
- Parking is in walking distance of show
- 24 hour security
- Booth sitters
- Artist’s lounge snacks and drinks
- Friday night wine delivered to booth
- Saturday pancake breakfast
- Saturday night dinner with wine delivered to your booth
- Van and RV parking close to show-overnight parking is allowed
- Advertised to entire metropolitan area including radio, e-blasts, television coverage, K.C. Star, and direct mail
- Awards will be given
- Winners are invited to next year’s show
About The Shops of Prairie Village
Nestled amidst one of Kansas City’s friendliest suburban neighborhoods and just a short drive southwest of the Country Club Plaza, find the shops, restaurants. and stores of The Village. Enjoy a shopping experience unique to Kansas City.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.