International Small Art Phenomenon 6x6x2017 – Call For Artists
Rochester Contemporary Art Center’s (RoCo) international small art phenomenon 6x6x2017 returns with a call for artists for the tenth year.
Deadline: 16 Apr 2017
This exhibition of thousands of artworks is made and donated by celebrities, artists, designers, college students, and children. Each artwork must be 6 by 6 inches (15 by 15 centimeters) or mounted to a 6-by-6 inch board. All artworks displayed anonymously and signed only on the back. All entries will be on sale to the public for $20 each to benefit RoCo. Artists’ names will be revealed to the buyer upon purchase and sold-out artists’ names will be revealed next to their works online on July 7. Each artist may enter up to four artworks of any medium (2D or 3D) and there is no fee to enter. There is a four-artwork limit per elementary, middle, or high school.
Last year, the international small art phenomenon 6x6x2017 grew to include thousands of artworks from around the world and every US State. This year RoCo hopes to reach deeper into the global art community. This includes obtaining artwork from more national and international artists and celebrities. Every year, 6×6 has grown and the consistently high caliber of artworks has been astounding. 6x6x2017 is RoCo’s only fundraiser. The fundraising goal is to sell 2,500 artworks this year.
About Rochester Contemporary Art Center
Rochester Contemporary Art Center (RoCo) is a venue for the exchange of ideas and not-for-profit that was founded in 1977. RoCo’s programming includes:
- unique encounters for audiences and extraordinary opportunities for artists;
- thoughtful contemporary art programming of all disciplines;
- work of both renowned and emerging artists from New York State and around the world;
- exhibition, educational, and networking opportunities for local artists;
- unique voices and new audiences from diverse backgrounds;
- collaborative partnerships with other arts organizations and artists;
- community building by bringing artists, patrons, students, teachers, and enthusiasts together;
- social gathering place for artists, audiences, and the local community; and a
- neighborhood anchor for artistic activity and unique encounters in downtown Rochester.
For more information, contact email@example.com.