Castlegar Sculpturewalk 2021 (Castlegar, BC) – Call For Artists
Castlegar Sculpturewalk announces a call for artists for their 2021 year-round outdoor sculpture exhibition located in Castlegar, British Columbia, Canada. Locals and tourists do the walking sculpture tour and cast their vote for their favourite between May and October. The winning sculpture is purchased by the City of Castlegar. Castlegar Sculpturewalk is the Sculpture Capital of Canada ™ – it all began here!
Deadline: 31 Oct 2020
2020 submissions had a range of materials, subject matter, and interpretations covering the spectrum from classical cast bronze statues to abstract works that invited personal interpretation through the interplay of LED lighting, stained glass, living organics, and recycled and found objects.
Castlegar Sculpturewalk 2021 Artist Benefits
- Up to $15,000 sculpture purchase for People’s Choice winner
- Additional $7,000 in cash awards
- $500 Artist Honorarium
Sales and Leases:
- 49 Sculptures Sold since 2010
- 59 Sculptures Leased in the last 2 years
- Regional partnerships (Creston, Kaslo, Nakusp, Nelson, Penticton, Revelstoke, and Rossland) mean your sculpture has a much greater chance of a sale or a lease. Castlegar Sculpturewalk does the work for you!
- Opening weekend accommodation
- Dinner for you and a guest at Awards Gala
- Magnet featuring your sculpture
Castlegar Sculpturewalk has been able to continue our program successfully throughout the pandemic due to the exhibition being outdoors.
About Castlegar Sculpturewalk
Beginning in 2010, Castlegar Sculpturewalk created an international buzz, establishing the program as one of the premiere arts events in Canada. The support and vision of the City of Castlegar, local businesses, and the community made this happen. Many years of hard work and success led to Castlegar’s international recognition as The Sculpture Capital of Canada TM.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.