Gifts Of Art Program At Michigan Medicine (Ann Arbor) – Call For Artists
[Side Arts Certified Sponsored Listing] Michigan Medicine is seeking submissions for the Gifts of Art Program, solo and group art exhibits for the September 2023 to August 2024 exhibition year. One of the first and most comprehensive arts in healthcare programs in the nation, Gifts of Art brings the world of art and music to Michigan Medicine at the University of Michigan. The nine 2-D and 3-D galleries throughout the medical center are viewed by approximately 10,000 people a day and display over 30 exhibits a year.
Click here for the application / registration
Enter by: 30 June 2023
With a large and diverse faculty, staff, patient, guest, and learner population, the Gifts of Art exhibition program strives to be inclusive and honor this diversity by mounting exhibits that reflect our community and today’s world.
The artwork in Gifts of Art’s nine galleries changes quarterly and represents a broad range of styles, mediums, forms, and subjects. Enjoy an ever-changing sampling of the best art the region has to offer.
All exhibits are available both in-person (for those who work, are approved visitors, or have an appointment on the main medical campus) and online.
Gifts of Art has created two fine art coloring books featuring designs by former exhibiting artists, local and national artists and designers, and U-M Penny W. Stamps Art and Design students. It shares about 25,000 fine art coloring books a year with Michigan Medicine patients, families, and visitors.
About Michigan Medicine
Michigan Medicine is home to one of the largest health care complexes in Michigan. It has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the Medical School first opened in 1850.
Mission: To advance health to serve Michigan and the world.
Vision: Discoveries change care; care changes lives.
- Caring: I will treat everyone with dignity, kindness and respect, promoting the well-being of self and others.
- Innovation: I will promote a culture of creativity, flexibility and curiosity that inspires new ideas and ways of thinking, behaving and improving the world.
- Inclusion: I will foster an environment where every individual has a sense of belonging, a voice that is heard, and the opportunity to achieve and thrive.
- Integrity: I will adhere to the highest ethical standards, demonstrating courage, truth and transparency in my words and actions.
- Teamwork: We will work together with a shared purpose rooted in equity and fairness where diversity is celebrated, respected and valued.
For more information, contact email@example.com.