Lubeznik Arts Festival 2019 – Call For Artists
Lubeznik Center for the Arts (LCA) seeks fine artists and fine crafters for the Lubeznik Arts Festival 2019 (LAF) on August 17th and 18th in Michigan City, Indiana. This popular festival is currently in its 38th year. Exhibitor categories include 2-D art, fine craft, jewelry, photography, sculptural objects, and wearable art. LAF takes place on LCA’s grounds to connect festival-goers to dynamic programming and exhibitions.
Deadline: 29 Mar 2019
LCA selects individual fine artists and fine crafters through a jury process. Additionally, LCA’s galleries will be available for use by regional galleries that represent the best in emerging contemporary art. LCA anticipates 75 to 100 exhibitors in total.
Lubeznik Arts Festival 2019 Artist Benefits
LAF is extensively marketed via social media, radio, TV, print, and promotional signage. This year’s festival will take place during LCA’s summer blockbuster exhibition, “The Chicago Imagists: Before and After.”
$3,000 in cash awards will be distributed between:
- Best in Show
- 1st Place Artist
- 1st Place Artisan
- Neil Kienitz Award for Representational Art
- Juror’s Awards (2)
Amenities for exhibitors include:
- Parking – Designated parking areas for artists are located adjacent to LCA property.
- Hospitality – Complimentary water and snacks are provided during Friday setup and throughout the festival.
- Indoor restrooms will be accessible during setup and festival hours, in addition to portable restrooms outside.
- Security – Off-duty police officers will be onsite both Friday and Saturday nights.
- Booth Sitters – Volunteers will be available Saturday and Sunday to provide short relief breaks for exhibitors.
- Art purchase pick-up service is available for patrons at Office Trailer/Entrance.
About Lubeznik Center for Arts
Lubeznik Center for Arts (LCA) serves as a hub for arts and culture for the entire region. They strive to ensure that everyone in their community receives equal access to high quality cultural experiences. In order to accomplish this, they provide:
- World class contemporary art exhibitions, open to the public at no charge
- Educational tours and artmaking for approximately 1,800 students annually
- After school art education programs at eight elementary schools, two middle schools, and one high school
- Free visual arts classes for adults with cognitive disabilities at no charge to participants
- Scholarships to help ensure all children have the opportunity to attend our art classes and camps
- Free First Friday cultural events
- A gallery shop featuring one-of-a-kind artisan-made items
For more information, contact email@example.com.