South Haven Art Fair 2017 – Call For Artists
The South Haven Center for the Arts (SHCA) announces a call for artists for the South Haven Art Fair 2017, a two-day event on Saturday and Sunday, July 1st and 2nd 2017 from 10 am to 5 pm at Stanley Johnston Park, 202 Dyckman Ave.
Deadline: 1 Mar 2017
The art fair is held every summer in the coastal resort town of South Haven. It attracts massive Fourth of July crowds to a beautiful wooded park one block away from Lake Michigan’s sandy shores. SHCA’s goals are to provide a successful environment for exhibiting artists, creatively market to a wide range of potential buyers, and provide a professional awards program by credentialed judges. All work must be the creation of the exhibiting artist. The original concept, design, and execution must be attributable solely to the displaying artist. All artists will be juried. All work on display must be consistent with images submitted. Artists must be 18 years or older.
On-site judging will begin Saturday morning, July 1st. The judges will cast their votes to recognize the best artist in each of ten media categories for cash awards, certificates, and reduced booth fees in next year’s art fair.
The following South Haven Art Fair 2017 categories are juried and receive awards:
- Clay/Ceramics (functional and non-functional)
- Digital art/Graphics/Printmaking: Digital art is original work created on a computer. Printmaking is a transfer process of producing original art, usually in multiples.
- Fiber (decorative and wearable)
- Jewelry (precious and non-precious)
- Mixed media (2D and 3D)
- Painting (watercolor, oils, and acrylic)
- Photography: Photographs must be made from the artist’s original image, film or digital.
- Sculpture (metal, wood, and other): Any media, including furniture, in figurative or abstract in any 3D works
One South Haven Art Fair 2017 winner will be chosen by the jurors in each of the above categories. Each winner will receive a certificate, cash prize, and complimentary South Haven Center for the Arts membership. In the application, please select the option if one or both of these apply to you:
- Sustainable art: Original artistic creation that is produced in harmony with the key principles of sustainability while also considering the impact the work has on its environment.
- Emerging artist: Current students, recently graduated students, second career artists, or new to art festival exhibition.
The South Haven Center for the Arts is a non-profit art center in South Haven, Michigan. SHCA’s mission of community enrichment through the arts includes providing opportunities for the community to explore, discover, and experience the arts. During the summer months, South Haven is a coastal tourist destination for over 500,000 visitors who annually come from around the world.
For more information, contact email@example.com.