Artsy Gallery (Online) – Call For Artists
Brooklyn, NY based 440 Gallery announces a call for three (3), new, under-represented artists for their Artsy Gallery page from May 1, 2019 – May 1, 2020. This call is open to artists not currently represented by a gallery. Artsy is an internationally based platform dedicated to sales of art online.
Deadline: 11 Apr 2019
Non-Refundable Entry Fee: $35
- Currently are a practicing artist, making new work
- Not currently represented by a gallery
- Have a website, artist statement, and CV
- Upload a minimum of ten (10) images to start profile
- 440 Gallery will take 30% commission on all sales
- Artist is required to pack and ship artwork (buyer pays for shipping and handling, artist will be reimbursed for expenses)
Artsy Gallery Artist Benefits
- Up to 75 images uploaded to the Artsy platform
- Dedicated sales director updating profile and handling sales
- Artsy is the top read artist magazine with 2.5 – 3 million unique visitors per month
- Great way to reach and build relationships with collectors
- Artsy works with the Art Genome Project, an algorithm search engine that recommends works to collectors based on their preferences
- Artsy proactively markets to collectors based on their likes
- Every Sunday, Artsy sends emails to their collectors, alerting them to new work that is uploaded
- All artists on site are represented by gallery partners on Artsy, they do not allow artists to sign up individually
- Promotion in the 440 newsletter (more than 5,000 subscribers)
- Participation in one online exclusive group show
About 440 Gallery
440 Gallery is an artist-run space in Park Slope, Brooklyn, dedicated to the creation, exhibition, and sale of a wide range of work. The artists exhibited range from emerging to mid-career. They practice a broad spectrum of styles and media including painting, drawing, printmaking, photography, sculpture, assemblage, and installation. 440 Gallery invites outside artists and curators to participate in seasonal group shows. 440 Gallery hosts weekly events including poetry readings, artist talks, musical performances, children’s workshops, and receptions. Since 2005, the gallery has facilitated a lively cultural exchange within its Brooklyn neighborhood and the artistic community at large.
For more information, contact email@example.com.