Wide Open 11 (Brooklyn, NY) – Call For Artists
Brooklyn Waterfront Artists Coalition announces a call for artists for Wide Open 11, a national juried show. This call for submission is open to all residents of the U.S. and its Territories, 18 years of age or older. The broad theme of Wide Open 11 encompasses all the possibilities of knowledge and freedom and love ‐ wide open spaces…arms wide open…eyes wide open ‐ but as with all things, there is the inevitable opposite ‐ wide open to attack…corruption…failure. What kind of fantasy is this? What does it really indicate? This juried show looks to explore the idea of “wide open” in all the hidden niches of our collective psyche.
Click here for the application / registration
Deadline: 2 Mar 2020
This is a juried exhibition for artists working in all traditional and non‐traditional 2D and 3D media, including film/video only when part of an installation. Works may be submitted in one or multiple media. All artwork must be original in concept, design, and execution. Limited edition prints/photographs are accepted. Artwork not meeting the criteria, although juried, may be rejected. Note: Kit work or reproductions of original works in other media (such as giclee prints of oil paintings), unless used as part of a mixed media work, will not be considered.
- Submission deadline: Early Bird: February 4, 2020; Final application deadline: March 2, 2020.
- Gallery exhibition dates: Saturday May 9 – Sunday June 21, 2020; weekends 1‐ 6 P.M.
- Opening Reception: Saturday May 9, 2020 from 1 ‐ 6 P.M.
Wide Open 11 Artist Benefits
Prizes are awarded and selected in person by our Juror, Paulina Pobocha of MoMa for the following categories:
- Best of Show Gold: $1000 awarded at the Opening Reception to the artist whose work is juried as ‘Best of Show’
- Best of Show Silver: $500 awarded at the Opening Reception to the artist whose work is juried ‘Best of Show Silver’
- Certificates of Recognition: $500 total: $100 for each of five winners, awarded at the opening reception
- All above selections will be made by our juror, Paulina Pobocha
- Peoples’ Choice: $100 awarded to the artist whose work is voted ‘Best’ by attendees during the course of the entire show
About Brooklyn Waterfront Artists Coalition
The Brooklyn Waterfront Artists Coalition (BWAC) is a truly unique and generous space. It is a beautiful stone Civil War‐era warehouse overlooking New York Harbor from the piers of Red Hook, in Brooklyn NY. BWAC welcomes the opportunity to exhibit unusually large work. They look forward to exhibiting artwork from all around the country. Virtually every medium is accepted including: oil, acrylic, pastel, watercolor, photography, drawing, print, mixed media, sculpture, assemblage, installation, and textile. Every year, BWAC greets between 5,000-7000 guests through their doors. They offer free weekly entertainment including music performances, spoken word, and short plays. Appropriate for all ages.
For more information, contact email@example.com.
Previous call for artists from Brooklyn Waterfront Artists Coalition