Indian Wells Arts Festival 2019 – Call for Artists
Dianne Funk Productions announces a call for artists for the Indian Wells Arts Festival 2019 (IWAF). Celebrating its 17th year of success, artists showcase their contemporary and traditional fine art and high quality craft. A total of 200 artists are selected to participate by jury. Fifteen mediums and categories are judged for awards in painting, drawing, 2D and 3D mixed-media, printmaking, photography, other 2-dimensional, sculpture, jewelry, hand-woven textile or fiber, non-functional, utilitarian, wearable-art, and found art.
Deadline: 22 Oct 2018
Booth fees affordably range from $300 for a 10′ x10′ single space and $600 for a 10′ x 20′ double space. Electricity optional at an additional $200 fee.
The Coachella Valley is set to bloom in a colorful efflorescence of fine art at the 17th annual Indian Wells Arts Festival, March 29, 30 and 31, 2019. Ranked as a Top 50 Fine Art Show in the country. Renowned for its international palette, more than a quarter of its artists hail with accolades from 60 of some of the most prestigious art institutions including the Smithsonian, the Los Angeles and San Diego County museums of Art and Natural History, the U.S. Department of Interior Art Museum, and Japan’s Kyoto Museum.
The Indian Wells Arts Festival 2019 delivers a diverse showcase of art in 31 mediums and categories ranging from painting, sculpture, jewelry, wearable-art fashion, photography and ceramics, making the event a prime source of acquisition for serious buyers and collectors. Upwards of 10,000 festival-goers are expected descend on the 3-day event held at the luxurious Indian Wells Tennis Garden in Indian Wells, CA, some from as far abroad as Germany and Canada and others as day-trippers and weekend-trekkers from San Diego and Los Angeles.
Amid the thousands of one-of-a-kind works of art, the festival incorporates a Gourmet MarketPlace featuring original production artisan fare such as organic bath and body confections to epicurean oils and vinegars; artist demonstrations include large-scale stone sculpting and painting; live music and entertainment; and, engaging art activities including pottery-throwing and a kid’s palette-knife painting class.
Indian Wells Arts Festival 2019 Artist Benefits
- Ranked consistently as one of the 100 Best Fine Art Shows in the country by Sunshine Artist magazine
- Privately gated venue with 24-hour security and state-of-the-art facilities which include on-call booth sitters; free Wi-Fi internet access, and luxury on-site restrooms
- On-going artist promotion opportunities through artist spotlights across all IWAF social media, video podcasts, and blog features at no additional cost to the artists
- Strong public relations and media coverage including local and select major-market editorials and press releases
- Easy artist check-in and express check-out
- Real-time show updates and communications via text message
- Complimentary artist hospitality with fresh snacks and beverages
- Saturday & Sunday “Eggs + Champagne in the Garden” brunch menu till noon
- Champagne Circle Bar and RumChata Bar service and full-menu restaurants in the shaded courtyard pavilion
About Diane Funk Enterprises
Dianne Funk began producing art festivals in the Coachella Valley in 1986, with Faire a La Quinta, followed by Southwest Arts Festival in Indio in 1989, which has since grown into an acclaimed regional attraction. Building upon that success, Dianne Funk created the Indian Wells Arts Festival in 2002. It has since developed into the headlining event of the Coachella Valley’s arts festival season. The event has achieved an international scope with artists from more than 30 countries participating.
For more information, contact email@example.com.