Applications now available for the 2016 East Lansing Art Festival.
Deadline: 31 Jan 2016
Established in 1964, the East Lansing Art Festival is a two-day outdoor celebration of fine art and is mid-Michigan’s first major art show of the summer season. Known for featuring the highest caliber fine art and fine craft, this highly anticipated festival attracts over 70,000 knowledgeable art patrons from the Mid-Michigan, Northern Ohio and Chicago area. The East Lansing Art Festival is consistently ranked in Sunshine Artist Magazine’s annual best 100 shows listing. The event includes live music, a children’s hands-on art activity area and an international-style food court.
East Lansing is a charming University town with a wide variety of shops, restaurants, galleries and the beautiful Michigan State University campus across the street. Coming soon to the area – the new Michigan State University Eli and Edythe Broad Art Museum! The East Lansing Art Festival is a nonprofit event produced by the ELAF Board of Directors under the auspices of the East Lansing Arts Commission/City of East Lansing.
- $6,000 in artist awards. All award winners are exempt from jury for the next three consecutive three festivals
- Award ribbons are presented to winning artists Sunday morning
- Complementary promotional postcards sent to exhibiting artists
- Friday set-up
- Load-in and load-out at your booth.
- Morning coffee and donuts
- Booth sitters available for artists to take breaks
- Free artist parking
- Invitation to Friday night kick-off concert
- Saturday evening Artist Reception Dinner – RSVP required.
- Security patrols Friday and Saturday nights
- Dedicated Board of Directors and volunteers that will be at your service
The ELAF kicks off the festival season in Michigan attracting over 65,000 visitors from the region. A highly educated and art loving community has the ELAF ranked 50th in the nation.
For more information, contact email@example.com.